Trying to automate making processors for expanding my ME system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to figure out how to automate making the engineering processors used to make storage drives for the Applied Energistics 2 mod, but I'm kinda stuck, I was watching a youtube video guide but the guy's voice was really difficult to hear and I couldn't figure it out.

Using item conduits and chests weren't working. I can get those to feed into the center slot in the inscriber but can't seem to automatically feed the circuit and silicons to make the final product.

Any help would be appreciated.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Check Direwolf20's Lets Play in his current series. Think he did that a while back. Sorry I don't have an episode number, but he just finished some other AE2 automation upgrades.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to figure out how to automate making the engineering processors used to make storage drives for the Applied Energistics 2 mod, but I'm kinda stuck, I was watching a youtube video guide but the guy's voice was really difficult to hear and I couldn't figure it out.

Using item conduits and chests weren't working. I can get those to feed into the center slot in the inscriber but can't seem to automatically feed the circuit and silicons to make the final product.

Any help would be appreciated.
Item conduits feeding into the inscriber obey sidedness - a conduit feeding into the top will insert into the top slot etc.

My method of doing it had an interface pushing silicon, redstone, and the necessary chip material into a chest. From there, filtered EnderIO itemducts took the silicon and gold/diamond etc. to an inscriber loaded with the relevant press. From there, the printed circuits were pulled out by filtered itemducts and fed into an inscriber along with the redstone, using filters to ensure they went in the correct slots. The completed processors were then pulled out of the inscriber and taken by conduit to the interface.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Make four inscibers, one for each plate. Attach Extra utilities retrieval nodes with appropriate filters so they suck the needed ingredients into the correct slot. Have the input/output both go into the same inventory which is what your ME interface is attached to. Run power through the same transfer pipes as the items.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Oops, that is fluix crystal automation, sorry. I use 3 inscribers per circuit, one interface outputing to a sky stone chest. Item conduits with appropriate filters feed gold, silicon, redstone into the 3 inscribers 2 of which have the correct presses already. 2 more item conduits pull from the sides of the first two inscribers and output to the top and bottom of the 3rd inscriber which already has the redstone in it. An item conduit pulls from this and dumps to the interface.

Nice thing is if you order 64 logic processors 64 of each item is dumped in the chest and your crafting computer is free immediately. 3 inscribers with 5 acceleration upgrades fly especially since they are working serially rather than sequentially.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I used 5 presses. I had an export bus sending silicon into one press. A 2nd export bus feeding redstone and Ender IO conduit feeding the silicon plates into another press. This ran until the 2 presses were backstuffed. That way they always had a full stack of redstone and silicon plates ready. I then used 3 presses to make the gold, quartz, and diamond plates. I used an ME interface with patterns that just feeds a chest. From there, I used Ender IO conduits to pull from the chest and insert into the proper presses. Then more conduits took the plates from each press and sent them to the press that was already full of redstone and silicon plates. A final Ender IO conduit pulled out the complete chips and dumped them back into the interface that held the patterns.

I did have to play with the presses a little to get the sides right. You can rotate them with a wrench because they don't always seem to orient the same way when you place them even though they look the same.

I am guessing this is similar to ChemE's system mentioned above mine. Like he said, the best part of a system like this is that it doesn't tie up your crafting processors. Once it dumps the materials into the chest, it isn't using your crafting processors anymore. It dumps all the materials and is done.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I managed to get it *Somewhat* automated using the excess of ender chests I had. (Accidentally made like 30 of them. Note to self, do NOT shift right click recipies on the ME crafting terminal unless you want a full stack of something). So I just color coded ender chests to receive the output from four inscribers set to print the circuits and silicon; which moved the pressed circuits to an ender chest feeding the top of a final inscriber while a different chest loaded pressed silicon from below and a better barrel of redstone to the side. The final inscriber has an import bus with the three completed processors on the filter so it only took those and put them back in my ME system.

It's not pretty, but it seems to be working. Setting up to feed into the four inscribers was a bit of a pain but export buses took care of that.

master_coder

Jul 29, 2019
I've found Steve's Factory Manager to be very useful, since you can choose which side you want to interact with. Of course, SFM does have a bit of a learning curve to it.

Reactions: mattp_12

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
As posted the inscriber is side oriented.

Facing the front: Left, top and bottom are inputs, right is output, power from the rear.

I use import and export buses and fluix cable for everything including power. I make two towers, one with presses and one crafting the processors. All connected to autocrafting. Theres ways to make it work prior to being able to autocraft such as the chests above, I usually just use one inscriber with export buses and no import so it will only make a stack of 64 of whatever I'm running. That will usually make all the processors I need until I can autocraft.

erinic04

Sep 26, 2016
Wow, this saved my life trying to make 8 64k storage at one time... 4 stacks of gold processors