Trying Revelations

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
I'm back playing Revelations after quite a long break and I could use some help

At the moment I'm in a mud hut with 2 steam dynamos, pulverizer, redstone furnace and induction smelter.

My 1st goal is to try to work towards an extreme reactor to get some better RF power going, then head for a quarry. But I need tools and efficent storage.
I'm try to remember the name of the mod for tools, it left you craft different parts of the tools with different materials in a big smelter/forge. Are there any other mods to consider when it comes to tools early on.

For storage, I remember using an ME network, but also remember it being quite expensive to make, are there any cheaper alternatives.

As for getting around, I already bought an angel ring, but need to work on grid power. I also need some sort of night vision goggles or helmet, do such things exist?

I greatly appreciate any help, or suggestions on what to build.

dzng

Apr 12, 2020
the tool forge and specialized tools/weapons are the tinker's construct mod. it shouldn't take you too much time to get it up and running. for storage, I use the compacting drawer from the storage drawers mod. Not too expensive but it is time-consuming to organize everything. I'm not sure about the nv goggles or helmet.

hope this helps

also if you build the smeltry from tc, make sure to pulverize ores first, then put the pulverised metals into the smeltry. this basically duplicates ores since each pulverized item is equal to 1 ingot so if you pulverize 1 iron ore and get 2 pulverized iron, you can throw those in the smeltry and get 2 iron ore.

also also be sure you know what metals combine with each other to make alloys. I wasted basically all my gold the first time accidently making electrum :/

have fun!

DianaSt75

Apr 11, 2020
No need to pulverize the ores first for Tinker's, the smeltery doubles ores also. Though I find the pulverizer easier to automate and less space-consuming.

I am not familiar with Revelations off the cuff, but if possible I prefer to start storing my stuff in the Actually Additions small crates, transferring the stuff I use all the time into a wall of drawers from Storage Drawers (in different sizes). At least with Refined Storage, you can easily link the drawer controller to the ME system later on. It's probably similar with Applied Energistics, but I have not found the staying power so far to set up an ME system with that mod. I don't know why, I find it intimidating.

Tinker's also has the slime sling plus the slime boots, which I love for getting around quickly.