Troubles with Minetweaker

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
K so this is for JamPacked and I've been trying (and failing) to add some recipes for the tinker's construct bushes. My attempt at trying to make iron oreberry bush recipe:
#ID dictionary
IronBush = <1485:8>;
ExpBush = <1486:9>;
Iron = <265>;

#Berry Bushes
recipe.addShapelss(IronBush, [[Iron, ExpBush, null],
[ExpBush, Iron, null],
[null, null, null]]);

I'm using MT2 for now because MT3 never said anything in chat or fml log (other than activation) when I tried (even though it was a .sz file in scripts folder in the main modpack folder). The closest I got to it working was it saying something like /whatever.cfg:17Symbol recipe not found. So then I decided to try a simple recipe in a vanilla + forge + MT2 environment. The recipe I kept trying there was: recipe.addShapeless(<266> [<265>]); and I got the same thing as before (line#:symbol recipe not found). Can anyone tell me what "Symbol recipe not found" means and what I'm doing wrong?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
It may refer to the recipes.addShapeless as a symbol and it just doesn't recognize the misspelled version. Not 100% sure on that though.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
fixed it to be:
recipe.addShapeless(IronBush, [[Iron, ExpBush], <--- line 17
[ExpBush, Iron]]);​

still says:"/TiCon.cfg:17Symbol recipe not found" when i load it up.

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
changed it to recipes (which i don't really get, the stuff that follows it is only one recipe?), now it's saying shapeless recipe items must be a valid item stack pattern (still talking about line 17).
Edit: changed it from shapeless to shaped. It worked... Awesome!!(and thank you!) But what's wrong with the shapeless one?

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
shapeless takes stacks i think, add *1 or *2 after your item to convert to a stack (of 1, 2,.. whatever yçou want)
and recipes.addShapeless is just how the methods are defined in their class, you have to respect this syntax

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm now (with that edit) whenever I place down a crafting table theres already an iron oreberry bush in the output without me putting any input in. It's infinite too. It does let me craft other things but the oreberry bush always comes back. The only error message minetweaker gives is for the copper oreberry bush recipe that i haven't changed yet.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Remove the *1 multipliers and give it a try, if that doesnt work, upgrade to minetweaker 3 (this would require to rewrite your scripts though)

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
It works if I do shaped, so if all else fails I'll do that, I just really don't want to for these 2x2 recipes.
edit: this worked:
recipes.addShapeless(IronBush *1, [Iron, ExpBush]);

but this didn't:
recipes.addShapeless(IronBush *1, [[Iron, ExpBush],
[ExpBush, Iron]]);​

Last edited:

Chinthor

Jul 29, 2019
This time, you're formatting a shapeless recipe as if it were shaped. You have the two groups of items on two "lines" of the crafting table. Try grouping them all together, perhaps like this:

recipes.addShapeless(IronBush *1, [Iron, Iron, ExpBush, ExpBush]);