Troubles with Applied Energistics (Direct crafting)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
All you need is an export bus and some sort of way to import back in. TE auto exports, but if you want to reduce entity lag entirely, having directly attached import buses/interfaces will alleviate that problem.

I would also suggest going for induction smelters, since you skip the dust stage entirely. You can pulverize the infinite cobble you have for the sand you require.

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
only problem with this is that you will have a stuck crafting job when you run out of the beginning item. I would point a level emitter at the export bus to make sure the export bus turns off once the required item hits 0.

I intregrated this and it works great I also switched to induction smelters as it is about a hundred times easier, I didn't know induction smelters had the option to use ex nihilo ores.

EDIT: It seems the ex nihilo ID's of the gravel/sand/dust ores dont seem to be able to be processed in induction smelteries from TE3. Not sure I can do anything about that though.

Last edited:

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
i had my system doing this for a while but i had a ton of issues when i was autocrafting myself ended up moveing all ore processing to a AE system of its own and had no problems after that

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
That might not be a bad idea, but I am currently not running my smelteries and have my sieves on hold so I will have to look into that idea later.