Troubles with Applied Energistics (Direct crafting)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently started a new game with Agrarian Skies and have finally come to a state where I can afford a good AE system.
Now I have a MAC and plenty of resources, but I can not figure out how to directly convert my broken/ pulverized ores to gravel/sand/dust so I can smelt them.
I have however found a way to dump the crafted items into a chest with an export bus and extract them again with an import bus, but I am not able to keep all items into my AE system, which would probably reduce the lag. Tried it with putting a precision export bus directly into a import bus, but nothing happened.

In any case thanks for reading!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
You don't need re-import/re-export with TE machines.

Just have the pulverizer touching a face of the furnace and have that face set to export. There's literally no need to import metal dusts from the pulverizer then re-export them to a furnace when the two machines can do it directly.

For stuff you don't want putting in the furnace, just have an additional pulverizer for the other recipes (obsidian, coal dust, blaze rods etc)

Reactions: Padfoote

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Use an ME interface which is set to automaticly have atleast 1 Gravel/sand/dust ore blocks then export from there with TE3 into a smeltery or just a furnace. Make sure you put patterns to make those ores aswell.

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
I think I didn't explain it well, I would like to know how to have items in my AE system crafted automatically while keeping them in my AE system, without other mods or machines.

I appreciate the feedback though.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
I think I didn't explain it well, I would like to know how to have items in my AE system crafted automatically while keeping them in my AE system, without other mods or machines.

I appreciate the feedback though.
AE doesn't craft things automatically, it crafts on demand. So if you request 10 iron and you have none, AE will look to see if it has a crafting recipe. If you do have some in your system, AE doesn't craft.
If you want broken ores combined you will have to request / craft it

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
So it isn't possible to have an export bus set to craft only and directly insert the crafted items into a import bus?

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but I am trying to prevent that, because I am pretty sure that increases lag and my computer isn't too beefy.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
nope if you want the ae system to autocraft all the time without intervention, your going to have to set up an inventory somewhere to put an export bus that specifies item to craft. the only other way i can think of is misc peripherals, had a specific turtle that could talk to ae networks and inject craft requests into the system. i dunno if thats still around for 1.6.4 packs

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I think you might be able to do that by crossing LP and AE so it has a pipe set to always keep X items in the chest, and ME interface between LP and AE systems

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
In any case thanks for the replies I will see what I can make of it and continue playing Agrarian Skies :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Would a level emitter help with this? Or am I forgetting something with it?

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Have a level emitter pointing at an export bus set to craft only pointing at an me interface. Set the level emitter to only emit a signal when you have less than a certain amount of the item and the bus to only work when receiving a redstone signal.

Photonic

Jul 29, 2019
Have a level emitter pointing at an export bus set to craft only pointing at an me interface. Set the level emitter to only emit a signal when you have less than a certain amount of the item and the bus to only work when receiving a redstone signal.

I have seen this online, but my plan was to craft items as long as the required items they are in stock without limit, but I guess this will have to do.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I have seen this online, but my plan was to craft items as long as the required items they are in stock without limit, but I guess this will have to do.

Just set the level in the emitter as high as possible. It'll eventually stop, but it should take quite some time.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
Or remove the level emitter and make the export bus always active.

only problem with this is that you will have a stuck crafting job when you run out of the beginning item. I would point a level emitter at the export bus to make sure the export bus turns off once the required item hits 0.

Reactions: Omegatron