Mac Trouble with Twilight Forest when trying to run Ultimate

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

DGundelach

Jul 29, 2019
When I downloaded the Mod pack for FTB Ultimate, and when I want to try to join my friends server, it says that version 1.15.3 of the twilight forest is required. I went to the maincraft page where you can download the mod from, and chose the older version, 1.15.4 is the newest version, 1.15.3 is the second one. I downloaded thisand my game keeps crashing after i click launch.

I tried to launch the game with Magic Launcher, and adding all the correct mods with it, and the same things happen, with, in my eyes, the same crash report. And I have also tried starting the game with MultiMC which did not work either.

Thanks everyone for your help already.

Alpha

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
There appears to be an initial error in the mod pack shipment

For the same version of FTB ultimate 1.0.1 the client file ships with twighlight forest 1.15.4 whereas the server shipped with 1.15.3.

The FTB team are aware of it and have suggested server admins update their version to the correct version that includes 1.15.4. My hosts are doing that.

I applied a short term fix of downloading the latest version from FTB and extracting the twighlight forest zip from that then uploading it my server which works fine.

Either way it should be fixed as soon as the server hosters find out about it and update their servers.

If yours is not you could downgrade the mod yoursef to 1.15.3 in the client. I have the mod if anyone wants it.

Regards all,

Alpha**

DGundelach

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot for your help. I figured that that would be the only way...

It would be great if you could share the mod with me and i hope to be able to make it work... Just let me know what the easiest way would be for you.

Thanks again.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team are aware of it and have suggested server admins update their version to the correct version that includes 1.15.4. My hosts are doing that.

Where is the FTB team post about this? I know it's an issue but haven't seen an official communication.

Alpha

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the FTB team post about this? I know it's an issue but haven't seen an official communication.

I have it third hand buried in the posts on this subject (many many across the net now)... it was in this thread.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-ultimate.14810/

Actual post...

From clanforge: "
FTB Update

Last updated on 12 March 2013 21:11:00 by Noxy
The latest update for FTB Mindcrack has been rolled out to all machines. Please restart your server to pick up the change. If your server fails to update, please use the "Reset FTP Changes" button in the FTP section of your Minecraft server's ClanForge page and then contact support if you still are unable to connect.
Update: 21:05 GMT : There was a minor error in the update which we have now rectified. This may require another FTP reset for users who hit FTP reset before this addition to the post."

Have you tried the FTP reset?
Skirty_007, Yesterday at 3:14 PMReport

EDIT
LOL just realised it says mindcrack in the post itself although it is in the Ultimate thread discussing this issue, so it may not be appropriatte afterall unless mindcrack has the same issue.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Afraid that's my post, I was quoting that from the hosting company that the person was using as I use the same hosting company. It wasn't from the FTB team. Sorry that you thought it was!

Alpha

Jul 29, 2019
LOL no problem, in fact the clue was in the fact your name is on it... I really should pay more attention.

My server is working by the way after I applied the 1.15.4 mod to it manually so it is a solution until FTB sort it out.

Reactions: Skirty_007

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, we're using the original version that we downloaded, it's a bit odd that there isn't a new version number tbh but I guess someone thought they could get away with a sneaky update. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.