Trouble with Thaumium research

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Arcryst

Jul 29, 2019
I'm attempting to research Thaumium, however the magic aspect won't go into the research table after I've put in the metal and the permutatio aspects. Also I have already researched the basic transmutation. Can anybody help me out?

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
'won't go into the research table' -> I guess you mean that it won't give you a theory when you put something with Praecantatio in without a theory?

Not every theory uses Praecantatio. And some need to be unlocked before you can start researching them. Try some other aspects!

Arcryst

Jul 29, 2019
The wiki says I can research it with metallum, Praecantatio, and permutatio after I've learned basic transmutation. However those three don't seem to go together in the table. Unless it's changed to recently that the wiki hasn't caught up, I think somethings wrong, or maybe I'm missing something I need?

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably researching one of the other transmutations, there are like 5 of them and they all have metallum and permutatio in them

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
As tehBlobLord said, you are probably researching something else.

Natively, Thaumcraft has 5 hidden researches that use metallum and permutatio.

If you did all of them, it might be an Extra bees research, even though I doubt it.

Just double check the research name and the notes on the top left of the research graphics.