Trouble shooting my issue with the DW20 pack

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Title Trouble shooting my issues with the DW20 pack

Launcher Type Vanilla

Modpack FTB Presents Direwolf20 1.10

Modpack version 1.0.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue I have been testing different changes to the modpack to eliminate issues I have been having. Mainly having to do with stuttering type lag around my base. The fps will half (from 80 to as low as 20) when I use a door with a pressure plate on each side. The game still stutters(sudden stop in motion for very short period of time. repeating about every second) in general as I walk around my base. Doing nothing and activating nothing.

I think this might have something to do with block updates. Not certain though. I wasn't for sure at first. I tried disabling the ftb mods(on both server and client). I tried cutting down half the nearby redwood forest. I've tried picking up different modded blocks. So far the stuttering hasn't changed. I changed the client view distance from 10 to 32. Not for sure that would have had any effect though. As I didn't change the server view distance.

I have moved the instance from curse app to the minecraft launcher. I have a much easier time editing and testing changes to packs with the vanilla launcher. This was after I began troubleshooting the issue. Not before.

Edit: I think it might have been the drying racks from tinkers'. When I took them down the issues disappeared. When I placed them the issues started happening again. I still need to research it further though. (seems like it might be from placing items in them that have no recipe for the drying rack (such as tools and armor))

(Edit:
Turns out I might be wrong. The lag has to be something in my base. Not for sure what though. It only appears when I am near my base. there isn't much base right now. So breaking blocks and checking if that helps is a option. going to restore the ftb mods. Since this indicates it wasn't likely them.
)

I think I might have eliminated one issue where I would get lag every time I placed a block. To do that though I had to move the instance to MultiMC(I could have used the vanilla launcher, might try that later.) as curseapp wouldn't respect the changes I made to the pack and kept undoing them.(I was removing the two FTB mods and curse kept re-adding them to the pack)

Now I am working on the issue that when I turn my character's head the view seems to stutter on a regular basis. About every 90 degrees of movement(i think). The movement of the screen is smooth for the most part. It is just I get a that slight freeze and it kills my immersion.

I have tried altering all the settings in video settings, one at a time. None of the changes helped. I have tried altering my video card settings. That didn't help.

I was wondering if someone knew of what the cause might be and what I might be able to do to mitigate it.

Thanks.

Edit:
Cutting down part of a redwood forest that was just barely in the bases view range seems to have helped.

Edit:
switched the pack to the vanilla launcher. I still get some fps lag in the base itself. been reading through threads in the tech support section to figure out possible steps to reduce it.

Edit: going to place edits at the beginning of the body of this. Instead of near the end. With the latest edit always being the first one on the list.

Last edited: