"Trophy Pedestal" - Twilight Forest block?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I tried looking this block up on the wiki but it's not giving me answers, what is this block, how do I break it and what is it used for?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC it's from open blocks, and it's a rare drop from all mobs. If you place it, it'll turn into a small trophy with a random mob on top.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Nuh uh, this one's from the Twilight Forest mod. It's found in the Hall of Lost Knights (which in Unleashed is a very WIP mod element)

It has the Ur-Ghast face on one side, the Naga face on another, the Lich and the Hydra.
From what I read, it seems that using all four trophies on the pedestal will unlock the stronghold for you to be explored.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I recall reading somewhere that putting any one trophy on the top of the pedestal will allow entry into the knight hall. No idea if it's true. I have yet to find a Lost Hall of Knights, and they're incomplete anyway.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I just found one today in the edge of a darkwood biome. Currently there's a few unique mobs there, a helmet crab, armored goblin (which swings a giant flail which knocks you 2-3 blocks into the air upon collision with the player) and a bigger armored goblin (which is two goblins in one big suit of armor) The bigger armored goblin carries a shield which absorbs damage and lasts for several hits. I find using critical jump-attacks often smashes the shield. The mob also carries a spear with a fair bit of reach and is used to perform a downward attack, usually when drops are present on the ground, which will destroy those drops.

As mentioned the bigger armored goblin is two seperate goblins, one is standing on the other's shoulders, wearing a single suit of armor. Attacking the lower half until killed will leave the upper half and vice versa. It is preferable to kill the upper half before the lower due to the drop-destroying spear attack.

Currently they drop armor shards, which can be combined in a 3 x 3 pattern into a shard cluster which is smelted into a knightly ingot. 33 Knightly ingots can make an armor set, a knightly pick, axe and sword. I'm not sure what the benefits are compared to other armor however the tools provide a boost against "Armored targets."
They look cool though.

Armored mobs absorb 75% of damage taken by normal melee attacks, hence the natural buff of the Knightly Tools.

Knolls and Goblin Miners also spawn inside and yield drops and exp as normal.

They also have crypts and graves which have chests underneath. Some chests are actually Trap Chests which have TNT underneath. Chests sometimes yield knightly shards and ingots among other remedial Twilight Forest chest loot such as charms of keeping.

The boss room currently has about 6 or 7 ghost-like figures which fly around in circles around you, have 70 HP each-ish, don't attack you and currently only drop EXP. There's a sign in the boss room saying "Boss Room Out of Order".

The layout of the dungeon is much like a multi-floored stronghold and uses a block called "Stronghold Shield" which surrounds the outer walls of the stronghold and acts as bedrock. The walls themselves of the stronghold are made of normal, mossy and cracked brick, similarly to normal strongholds. There are red and green sides to the stronghold shield, the green side can be mined but yields no drops. The blocks, as far as I'm aware, cannot be destroyed by TNT.

Reactions: Freakscar

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I found one 1 or 2 months ago before they even had the trophy pedestals. Honestly TF is a mod that quietly continues to grow and give. It's far too often ignored and unpraised.

It even serves as a fix it dimension for overworld mod problems. If you can't find basic things like melons, pumpkins, or green slime then go to the twilight forest. Overworld becoming to safe to live? TF. Need lily pads or dense resources? TF.

Twilight Forest FTW

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I found one 1 or 2 months ago before they even had the trophy pedestals. Honestly TF is a mod that quietly continues to grow and give. It's far too often ignored and unpraised.

It even serves as a fix it dimension for overworld mod problems. If you can find basic things like melons, pumpkins, or green slime then go to the twilight forest. Overworld becoming to safe to live? TF. Need lily pads or dense resources? TF.

Twilight Forest FTW

TF existed since late alpha/beta hasn't it?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I need to go back and test that pedestal block. I mined it when I saw it for some odd reason. The new weapons look neat as well.

My only complaint about TF is the evil variety of spiders

MrD3cisive

Jul 29, 2019
since I have so many trophy's i've been searching to eventually make a museum in my house displaying them. (including the pedestal)
Luckily I always explore in full quant/grav ;D so i didn't die.
also
Double helmet crab grinder soon!

also found that cool peacock fan in a hollow hill

Reactions: Succubism