Trick to getting stable ages?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
So after spending a good portion of yesterday collecting pages I've finally decided to settle down and try to make an attempt at a stable age my friends and myself could use for a mining age. about 6 ages in I've run into this issue where I cannot make a stable age for the life of me.

From my latest Attempt
2013-03-06_173808.png
This is how i have the Notebook organized and from Left-Right, Top-Bottom it is written like so:

Plains Biome, Single Biome, Standard Terrain, Red, Green Yellow, Gradient, Sky Color
Noon, Zero Length, Normal Sun, South, Half Length, Normal Sun, Black, Normal Stars
Villages, Mine shafts, No Weather, Clear Modifiers

Edit: I would also like to note, that gradient doesnt work? just got a yellow sky only.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
You have to place gradient modifiers after the clear modifiers symbol for them to work properly. You did not include a moon symbol, which is a case for instability, and also no light modifier (standard, bright, dark).

Reactions: Guswut

Boomaholic

Jul 29, 2019
alright so those are required? I havn't had any luck finding a moon modifier yet =/ do you perchance know what the Dark Sun does? every time i've tried it a couple times and havnt noticed any difference, same with Boundless Skies

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Dark Sun, Dark Stars, Dark Moon are all a version of the normal counterpart that just adds an invisible version of that to the generation. If you don't want a moon to appear you can make it a Dark Moon so it will never be seen but not add instability. Dark Sun, I believe, will actually generate sun light but not place a sun in the sky. Boundless Skies is for sky and void worlds. It allows the sun, moon, stars to be visible past the horizon and be seen below you.