tree tap & Diamond transport Pipe

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
The tree tap you make with 4 taps and glass what does it do. I put it in the tree and it does nothing.

I have a diamond transport pipe in my item line. Coming from my Quarry. I want it to kick cobble flint and dirt out that spot. The thing is half if not more just goes on by it. Is there a way to stop this. It is filling my 4 chest up really fast.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
... wow lol.

The thing you make with 4 tree taps is called an Extractor. You have to power it from a MFSU or a different power source with wiring, not engines or tubes. You put it down with wire connecting to it, open the GUI and put sap in or rubber tree wood and you get rubber. [Sap is more effective.]

Also rightclick your diamond transport pipe and it will open a GUI. place your flint, cobble and dirt into the output color you want the stuff to go out of and it will take it and kick it out. If it's STILL not catching, try placing another diamond pipe or 2 down the line to kick the rest out, I'm assuming you're using golden piping.

also 10/10 for getting me to reply if troll.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i figured out the diamond thing. The other thing is called a tree tap looks sorta like a wooden birdhouse once it is on the tree.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
That's most likely the forestry treetap. You need a forestry rubber farm to use this, but I think you're not quite ready for that yet...

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
The treetap you're using requires power to run and is best paired with an automatic tree farm (arboretum+logger). Any sticky resin dropped by the treetap will be collected by the logger (similar to apples). Of course, this all requires a bit of infrastructure, so you may just want to harvest rubber manually for the time being.

The new forestry farms also provide a Rubber Plantation option for manual farms. I haven't personally played with it, so I don't know if it exhausts the resin holes like the old version (the one you have), but it might be a better choice.

Beychae

Jul 29, 2019
The new modular farm doesn't exhaust the resin holes. I have had the same trees getting tapped for a few days now and have a few hundred stacks of sticky resin (I am using a 5x5x4 farm).

I should also say that I have been updating my version of Forestry as and when Senghir released a new version.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I didn't know about the new rubber thing, I thought he just put an extractor on a tree... lol. Nice guys. Also will have to build a rubber tree farm...