tree breeding

kk258966

Jul 29, 2019
this is my first time trying to do tree breeding

and my goal is to get a tripple sapling oak for my biomass

is there any better to do this ? is it only certain tree type that have tripple sapling?

im a rookie on tree breeding
is there any good suggestion on how to do it?

it wiil be great if some one can help me out:)

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using my phone, so it's a bit awkward to search then copy and paste link for you, but if you search in the forums for "tree breeding" you should be able to find a couple of threads packed with information that will help you.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you need to find a tree type that has that specific trait. when you've obtained the sapling of that tree type, you grow the tree, and next to the that tree you grow the tree you want to crossbreed it with.
then place down a few apiaries with bees in them (it's best to automate the apiaries) then just wait for the trees to crossbreed and use the grafter on the leaves that have changed colors.
run those sapplings through your tree-alyzer till you've the sappling that you want.

do note, you may need to do this several times and use and grow the sapplings that you've crossbred to eventually get the tree you want.
also note, not all bees work with tree-breeding. on the FTB wiki you can see what flower type bees need to be able to pollinate trees, and you can also see what bees have the best pollination trait.