Open Server Trec Ultimate | 1.0.18 | 1.6.4 | Mature Staff | No world resets | 1 Year Uptime | True 32GB

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

TemplarKn1ght

Jul 29, 2019
okay...because now I am getting the following on 1.0

New_Picture.jpg

kampungboy

Jul 29, 2019
This sever is great and i Really enjoy playing on it, and i also i big plans for my Town, So hope on and join ME!

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make a custom modpack for the server? It is hard for me to get mods, they use Ad.fly, it keeps on sending me to these crazy sites, so obviously you can put it into a custom modpack, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? So until you decide, I will search for some other servers.

Timbob91

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make a custom modpack for the server? It is hard for me to get mods, they use Ad.fly, it keeps on sending me to these crazy sites, so obviously you can put it into a custom modpack, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight? So until you decide, I will search for some other servers.

it is already a custom modpack -> http://trecultimate.com/connect164

Last edited:

SpeshalKid

Jul 29, 2019
Let me warn you:
Trec is a nice guy. I can tell you this from speaking to him.

But, the server is not very good anymore. Protection costs money meaning that without spending hours mining for diamonds, you can lose your stuff. Also, the lag is almost unbearable. I quit with that being a main reason. Lastly, the claim "no pay to win donations" is completely false. They have donation packages which give you titles with lots of extra items attached.

MCKerrnel

Jul 29, 2019
If I can clarify some of this... I'm sorry you lost your stuff because someone stole it, however the server forums have several posts urging people to protect your valuables. We are an open server, we are providing a means to protect your gear...if you chose not to claim your chunk, you can hardly blame others. I recall seeing you online several days for several hours, so there was ample opportunity to claim your chunk. The cost is at most 5 diamonds and should not take hours and hours to find. If you had time to accumulate enough stuff to be miffed about losing it, I would think diamonds would have been high on the list to go hunting for before anything else?

The donation packages give minor perks. Like a few dynamos, some nitor, some hobbyist and redstone engines. Access to some items that if everybody could craft them would cause server issues (Mystcraft, for example). Extra /homes. Yes, they give diamonds, but nothing extravagant. A diamond enchanted tool set. The highest level donator perks was just more of the same, with a diamond pick that you can't even repair, so it's only one-use. The highest tier item you were given was a compact windmill and an MFSU. After the update, those higher tier items were removed and not part of the donator kits. Donators also get the perk of being ABLE to craft some items that are otherwise banned, but by the time you have the resources to do so, their benefit is somewhat mitigated. You are not given those items, you have to obtain them on your own. You are also ABLE to claim more town chunks to protect your builds, but you still have to pay your own diamonds to do so. So I disagree entirely with the assertion that the server is "pay to win". I am a highest tier donator and aside from the diamond tools, I have not used any of the items I was given since the update until I at least crafted one of them on my own. There is no intrinsic advantage over other players for donating, other than feeling good about it and getting a little bit of a head start out the door.

The lag I'm not qualified to address, however we also just had a major update to our pack after adding two or three major mods, and it is still being shaken out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trec93

Trec93

Jul 29, 2019
Let me warn you:
Trec is a nice guy. I can tell you this from speaking to him.

But, the server is not very good anymore. Protection costs money meaning that without spending hours mining for diamonds, you can lose your stuff. Also, the lag is almost unbearable. I quit with that being a main reason. Lastly, the claim "no pay to win donations" is completely false. They have donation packages which give you titles with lots of extra items attached.

Protection costs diamonds, not money and it's barely 4-5 diamonds, that's not hours of digging, it applies either to donators and regulars.
The idea of "no pay to win donations" are that there's no blocked content for non donators, you can be equal without any donating (excluding mystcraft for obvious reasons).

I am sorry for your loss, but if you had resources for all those machines, you should've those few diamonds to claim your land :(
Donation kits aren't OP, a stack of diamonds? Seriously? You could craft everything anyway.

Take a look on other servers, I don't know how about you but I've been playing on servers where full mods were restricted for no reason.

Anyway I hope you had fun playing with us so far :).