Trash Can Stops Working

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

TopShelf

I have a couple trash cans at different mob grinders. They always stop accepting items eventually, and I have to break the trash can and place it back to get it to accept items again. I've tried it with different transfers pipes, and it always stops accepting items. Is there a way to fix it, or is there a different way I can dispose of the "Trash Items" quickly?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I assume you mean the extra utilites trash can? What pack? Can you provide anymore details?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If Tinker's Mechworks is in your pack, you may be able to place it in a Drawbridge. You could apply constant Redstone signal to keep it extended, then use a timer of some kind to retract it occasionally.

No one

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, there are pipes that can eject items right out of it. As an alternative you could just have the trash items to routed to said pipe and have it ejected into a small lava pool. If you don't have a transport pipe that can do that you could pipe the items into a vanilla dispenser being supplied with a constant redstone signal instead.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
There are also void pipes and void chests.

Unless the OP is playing Skyfactory, that pack doesn't include Buildcraft or any of it's sub-mods.

knn03

Jul 29, 2019
Does it stop accepting items occasionally but still works most of the time or does it reject all items after a while? I had a problem with a trash can pushing back items once in a while because it doesn't dispose items fast enough. I put a buffer chest between the trash can and the grinder and problem solved.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I had a problem with a trash can pushing back items once in a while because it doesn't dispose items fast enough.
I guess this is what's happening now in the Infinity 2.5.0 world I'm playing. The prio -1 chest occasionally receives items that are white listed on a higher prio trash can (EnderIO conduits). I thought it was a chunk loading issue first, but moving things to one chunk didn't solve it. It's only a 5x10 cursed earth room with 2 grinders, so it's not a lot of items. I'll try using a nullifier instead and see if it's the same.