Transporting a heavy computer?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
My computer from when I ordered it just the case and internals weighs around 100 lbs, I have since upgraded to a new radiator and cpu cooling block. I need tips for transporting it, I already got it down the stairs, is there any precautions I should take other than trying to not kill myself?

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
where are you transporting it to? I would transport a 100lb computer the same way I transport a 8lb laptop...carefully. I also hear that you shouldn't drop it :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
My computer from when I ordered it just the case and internals weighs around 100 lbs, I have since upgraded to a new radiator and cpu cooling block. I need tips for transporting it, I already got it down the stairs, is there any precautions I should take other than trying to not kill myself?

it may help if you tell us what computer case you have. because my computer has a big fan on the side of my computer case, so I always lift my computer from the other side

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Corsair obsidian 800D

todays the big day, I got it downstairs last night, and now I need to move it in the trunk of my car along with 900000000000000 other things

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Corsair obsidian 800D

todays the big day, I got it downstairs last night, and now I need to move it in the trunk of my car along with 900000000000000 other things

that's cool. I've got a Corsair Carbide 500R myself.
I always pick up my 500R up from the right side. I stand on the right side, put my hands on the front and back under the computer and lift, but I am quite strong so it's not that much of a problem. reason why I lift from the right side is so I won't break the big fan that's on the side.

if you have a box that's big enough you could try putting your 800D in there and fill it with things like crumbled newspapers and such and carry that. it doesn't make it easier, but your computer will be more safe

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Alright update guys, I'm here at the destination at my cousins house for the weekend and everything seems to be fine so far other than the internet being terrible :p

Everything seems fine so far.

Dolinmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I have the 800d and custom water cooling setup myself. I bought a collapsible dolly that i tie it too with a pad behind it to prevent scratching. Just have to take it slow up stairs, i live on the third floor, so i understand the struggle of moving it.