Transition to Minecraft

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I started playing MC Full at (I think) a1.1.2_01, the update just before the "Halloween Update" which added in The Nether (which amusingly at release, everyone found it quite scary until people documented what was inside)

I found it through my friend, he shown me Minecraft Classic, we went on and built some stuffs together. (Including a terrible giant tree, and a quite-good-at-the-time bridge. We did good having not had Sneak in Classic, haha)
I eventually managed to get a gift code for Minecraft Alpha during a1.1.2_01 (And that friend was so jealous, haha) - I've enjoyed the game ever since! (Especially modded, although you probably knew that since this is a forum for modded MC, heh)

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
well, i usually played sa-mp a lot, then a friend of mine started a minecraft server, so i decided to try it out, unfrotnley, at the time, i could only figure out how to chop wood down with an axe, move, and open chests, lol, then i went back to sa-mp for a while, then i deicded to try minecraft again, did a much better job that time, got 43 diamonds :D, then, while looking up youtube vids for mc sp worlds, i found direwolf20's season 2 ssp lp (yeah, ik its old, but that's honestly my favorite out of all the others, well, other then the season 5 ssp lp, that was pretty good as well) now, the main mod that got me into mods, logistics pipes, so i attempted to put his s4 mods together (thinking it was really his s2 mods, LOL, which i guess some of them were) and, well, most mods gave off errors, so was unfrotnley only able to get a few working, luckily, i did manage to get the main one i was going for working, logistics pipes :D, then i discoverd mod packs, the first one i played with being technic/tekkit, (unfrotnley, while they didnt have permissions, but well, was new to mods, so i didnt even know about all these permission fights, lol), i then discoverd ftb, as well as DNS TechPack, the 2 best mod packs in the world :D (before anyone screams at me or anything like that, i dont really undertsand all these permissions, all that should really matter is that everyone has fun, but thats a disscuion for another thread) so yeah, here i am now, playing ftb, and dns, both have awesome mods, and are both as awesome as the other, as one pack has mods that the other doesnt, and visa versa, but yeah, thats what brings me here :D

LO17

Jul 29, 2019
I got into Minecraft not for Vanilla actually, but for the Mods.

I had of course watched Vanilla Minecraft on YouTube before then but it looked somewhat limited [this was around the 1.2.5 or just before]. Upon first seeing Duncan's [Yogscast] first Tekkit Video, I was amazed at the mods, which were unknown to me until then and the mods are what lead me to buying a Minecraft account. I played with a friend, [who was also a factor in getting a Minecraft account] for 1-2 years now and haven't looked back since!

Before Minecraft I was a heavy Call of Duty player, I still play it, just not as much as I did before I got into Minecraft. I also played games such as; FIFA 12/13, Fable [1 and 2], Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Oblivion and Skyrim but I found myself playing Minecraft more and more.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I started by watching my friend in late alpha/early beta. He let me play his account in beta 1.2_02 and in beta 1.3 I got my own account

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone in college showed me vanilla minecraft, then I immediately started a vanilla server with my friends. Then I found out about bukkit, and had a bucket server for a while. Then I watched a few of etho's videos and I was taken by his many floating island processing facilities. I proceeded to make a 1.4.7 mindcrack server. Then I learned how to manipulate the mods and started my own spin off of the DW20 pack for 1.6.4 which I'm developing now.

Other than that I play Kerbal Space Program, Supreme Commander, Orcs Must Die 2, and a few other things here and there. Mostly play minecraft now because I can play with people even if I play at 4am after my night shift and my friends play at 5pm after their day shift.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I have been mostly played counter strike 1.6 then source . Then somewhere i heard word minecraft . it was around before official release (beta 1.9pr5?).
So i googled and dled cracked MC AND PLAYED LIKE MANIAC FOR 5 DAYS :OOOO. Then i got bored and continued playing cs.
After while i was again interested in mc and searched around youtube for videos about mc and saw Server Play Season 3 ep?!?! AND I WAS AMAZED WITH MODS :OOO. And after that modded MC become my main game.
Thanks to direwolf20 and lanceypooh. :)

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I got into minecraft because it looked to me at the time like a cooler version of Zelda, But it was so much more...

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
kind of ironic, but roblox lead me to it. (story mode ENGAGED) I was a avid roblox player, with OBC (kind of like the top tier donator in a server) and 12,000 robux.(roblox money)

I began noticing these pop up on the "popular" list. "survive the creepers/minecraft survival" stuff. intrigued i bought minecraft, and loaded a world. (think this was beta 1.7.3?) My

first thought was, well this is S***. i quit the game and went back to roblox. a certain event, however made me reconsider... (my account was hacked on roblox) i was pissed at roblox

and took a deeper look into minecraft. quickly i realized that it was awesome! (no servers, though. i had learned no servers when a 750$ internet bill came in one month.) this was

about 1.2.5. for awhile, i was satisfied. soon i began dabbling with adventure maps and texture packs. but soon, i again was bored. (ssp only, remember?) i was browsing the web one

day when i came across one "technic pack". (this was back when they used the old launcher.) I made grand things in tekkit... soon though it became outdated, and i browsed the

community technic modpacks. after a few hours, i was on page about 15. i saw a pack called FTB direwolf technic. i did a quick google and, well here we are now. that was the basics of

my story.

Quantax

Jul 29, 2019
I started playing some time before the SMP release in Alpha (1.0.15) and what got me in to Minecraft was the sandbox aspect.

I still remember the first SMP versions which were hilariously broken, i.e. server resets were necessary every few days and no serverside inventory. Oh and the server consuming forest fires. :p

WauloK

Jul 29, 2019
I got Minecraft in May 2012. According to the Version History site the one released before that was 1.2.5 so I guess that was my first one :)

Furfurfur2001

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing minecraft after seeing JJ5x5's lp while at my grandma's house. I played the cracked version until i bought it the day before 1.0.0 came out. Started play modpacks with Technic, started getting into FTB after i started watching Direwolf20

KuroiMitsukai

Jul 29, 2019
I played alot of WoW and I noticed this thing called minecraft starting to pick up traction around the web. Got my account back in Sept. 7th, 2010 during Alpha 1.0.17_4 and never stopped. Modding began when I discovered BC and IC2. It's just became something beautiful ever since in the modding scene. Played tekkit for a bit before I saw a DW20 video and every since been hooked on FTB although I won't lie I've been using ATLauncher for a bit to play with friends. What I like in minecraft is just its a create your own experience kind of thing. Wanna build a giant base with everything you ever dreamed of inside or would you rather sit down by the docks fishing and heading back to your fields as the darkness creeps in. Minecraft has something to offer to everyone and I still try to get as many people as I can to join this wonderful thing we've created.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
First learned about it through runescape. Saw some people at the grand exchange talking about this thing called minecraft. Decided to check it out a month later. I goofed around a bit but didn't really get into it until 1.4, when I got brought on as an admin on a vanilla server. Was great for a while, but then got burned out. Then the server died and I found a modded server, which ended up dying due to technical problems galore. I am now in charge of two servers, one Agrarian Skies and one TPPI(both for friends.). That's my story.