Transferring EU across dimensions (ftb infinity)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Euclid101

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm planning on moving my base to the last millennium but I have encountered a small problem. I use solar power and in the void it says its night so my EU/t is reduced greatly. I know I can use chargeable items and send them across dimension then use their power, but is there any way that I can send pure EU across dimensions?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible for you to use the solar to generate lava, transfer the lava via ender tank or the like, to where you are in and then power your base with those lava instead?

Reactions: ICountFrom0

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 P2P tunnels can transfer EU (right-click a placed one with an EU cable, then wrench it); then route the P2P through a quantum bridge.
For low throughput it's easier and cheaper to teleport RF and stick autoconverting cables (MFR, IE) on either side.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Convert it to RF shove it through a tesseract then...leave it as RF because it's more useful that way ;)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Convert it to RF shove it through a tesseract then...leave it as RF because it's more useful that way ;)

I tend to use steam as a universal fuel for similar reasons. It's easy to generate, it's easy to make an assload of RF using it, and EU generation is simple enough as well. It's almost always easier to transport fuel rather than power. Since OP is using solar farms, however, I would say use Immersive Engineering cables to convert it to RF, shove it through a Tesseract, then IE cables convert it back to EU where needed.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I keeping reading IE as Internet Explorer and get myself so confused. Till it came to me that it meant Immersive Engineering...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Should we begin to abbreviate it differently? I'm OK with forcing an unwanted trend in most cases. So what are we calling it?

ImEn?
IEng?
ImmEng?
WalrusFart?
ImE?

Not that I've types a few options, I'm partial to ImmEng. WalrusFart was close, but it may lead to as much, if not more, confusion than IE.