transfer nodes and sorting systems

maverickx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to make a sorting system with transfer nodes and it works great except when i try to compress cobble. The transfer node pulls out of the chest with cobble to place in an auto work bench. Then the compressed goes back into the start of the system.

The problem is that the transfer node pulls out all the cobble, so my 'blocks' chest no longer has any cobble in it. So next time cobble is put in the system it goes to the unsorted chest instead and then cant be compressed, and is in the wrong chest ect..

I'm trying to find a way to have the transfer node keep one item in the chest its pulling out of, or is this not possible? In which case can some other mod could do this instead, without power. The only other mod i can think of is applied energetics using a storage bus, but that requires power + a lot of infrastructure.

thanks in advance :)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't Extra Utilities have filters for it's nodes? Not sure if you are looking for that or not.

maverickx

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, that's not the issue, the sorting pipe only works if there is all ready an item in the inventory as it searches. So as its set up, there a chest where u drop all your stuff and then the transfer node pulls it and goes by a bunch of sorting pipes, one hooked up to the 'blocks' chest.

The problem is when I pull out of that to compress stuff cause cobble builds fast, it pulls all of it out. Its not just cobble but i worked around it for ingots and metals, the main storage chest is all blocks of (metal) and the end chest (unsorted things) is where the ingots get pulled out, then changed into blocks.

Nanolathe

Jul 29, 2019
You can put filters into the Node itself. Just craft a filter with a redstone torch to make it a "blacklist" filter, and plop it into the upgrade slots on the transfer node.

Viola, it will no longer attempt to extract the item or items you have set.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Can you instead set a white list for XU nodes? That way you could just set it to take only things you register to be white listed.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Can you instead set a white list for XU nodes? That way you could just set it to take only things you register to be white listed.
that is the standard filter, you can convert the filters to white and blacklist easily (check NEI for inverted filter)

maverickx

Jul 29, 2019
the filter pipe did work, but to keep it looking good and because pipe routing i used a transvector interface :p but it worked yea, thanks :D

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
What you could have done is have a system like this

ppppppp
cra
np

P being the pipes
C the chest
R a rationing pipe
A autocrafting thingy doodler
N the node

This way it will always keep at least one stack of cobble in the chest