traincraft recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
Can you help me find these? I only found one. http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/Mogul 2-6-0

I have spent hours trying to figure out more and having very little success. Also can seem to figure out the cars like the tender or passenger cars. Could you maybe give us some hints as it doesn't' seem very intuitive, at least to a dummy like myself?

I have had lots of fun with this mod in ssp creative mode. This is a truly amazing mod. I love it! But on my smp server it just isn't possible as I can't figure out how to make anything other than the mogul which has the recipe on the wiki.

Yeah, not all of them show recipes. Kind of an oversight in my opinion, but I'll look into it. If I find more, I'll post them here.

EDIT: Straight from the mod developers mouth:

fm7Ii.png

I guess just spawn them in if you want to use them.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
I spoke to Mr Brutal this afternoon and they are in fact craftable now. That must have been before they put them in.

His recommendation was to test in creative mode trying different things in the different tables until you find one that works. Then you know the recipe to use in smp/survival.

They are going to try to update the wiki with more stuff to make it easier though.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the same one you are, make sure you are using the train workbench sir.

I was able to make both the tender and Cherepanov in Mindcrack v4.

wolvyn

Jul 29, 2019
if you guys are using the Cart Assembler, dont forget to put coal into the left slot on the bottom right once you click assemble.. :)

EDIT: Just realize that you all were talking about a Different train mod, one that makes the trains actually look like trains. Way Cool. Any plans to add that to the Beta Pack?

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
if you guys are using the Cart Assembler, dont forget to put coal into the left slot on the bottom right once you click assemble.. :)

EDIT: Just realize that you all were talking about a Different train mod, one that makes the trains actually look like trains. Way Cool. Any plans to add that to the Beta Pack?

the beta pack isn't going to get updated, Traincraft is already in the Mindcrack pack, and i don't know if they'll add it to other packs. the "updated" beta pack (ultimate pack) will be out soon

wolvyn

Jul 29, 2019
ok, interesting, may have to check it out there.. IS there a listing somewheres for whats going to be in the ultimate beta pack, or is that still TBD what with the big gregtech debate and what not ive read about here and there on these forums?

nepocrates

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I broke down and figure out the recipes through my evil methods. Here a 3 quick Tips.

• There are 21 recipes just in Tier 1 alone. This includes Locomotives as well as cars.
  • The dreaded couplers appear to be sticks and iron ingots for Tiers 1, and steel ingots for Tiers 2 and 3.
  • Yes stacks matter, 2 of this with 1 of that get you train A while 1 of this and 2 of that gets you train B. Here is the good news, If you over stack items, You will get to choose what item you want. so 2 of this and 2 of that gets you both recipes for Train A and Train B. So don't be afraid of over stacking you never know what you will find.
Throwing you all a little bone (1 tier 1 recipe) here for those that want it.
6 Wooden Planks, 2 Sticks, 2 Wooden Wheels, 2 Wooden Frames, 1 Wooden Cab, gets you the Tier 1 recipes for both the Caboose and Passenger Car.

So hopefully this helps

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
There should really be a single source somewhere where people who want to see the recipes right off the bat can see all of them.

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
ok so here are the recipes that i have worked out:

(note: planks go into slot 1 of the assembly tables, ingots/sticks go into slot 10)

tier 1: made in assembly table 1:
flat car:
3 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks
passenger car and caboose:
6 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks

passenger car (iron):
2 wood planks, iron cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots
caboose (iron):
2 wood planks, wood cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots

tier 2: made in assembly table 2:

BR01:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

heavy steam locomotive:
steel chimney, steel cab, 3 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 3 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

USFL98:
steel chimney, steel cab, 4 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 4 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

Mogul:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots, lapis lazuli (goes in dye slot)

flatcar:
3 wood planks, 2 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

i'll update it as i find more

sabjoo

Jul 29, 2019
Steel Age

GP40
3 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 dandelion yellow, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel, 4 diesel engine (or 3 I think).

GP-7
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 rose red, 3 steel wheels , 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 3 steel

ChME3
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 cactus green, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 2 steel

Advanced Age

SD70 Union Pacific
2 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 orange dye, 6 diesel engine, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frames, 2 steel

High Speed Train
1 steel cab, 4 redstone, 1 steel, 2 electric engine, 2 steel wheels, 1 steel frame, 1 steel (the steels are in 6 and 10)

High Speed Locomotive
1 steel cab, 1 grey dye, 4 redstone, 1 steel, 4 electric engine, 2 steel wheels, 1 steel frame, 1 steel (the steels are in 6 and 10)

VL10 | EU 07 (Pol.)
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 cactus green, 2 redstone, 2 steel (in areas 6 & 10), 3 iron wheels, 2 steel frames 2 electric engines

Iron Age

Caboose | Passenger | Flatcar | Tender | Cherepanov
1 iron chimney, 1 wooden cab, 1 coal, 1 iron boiler, 1 iron firebox, 2 wooden wheels, 2 wooden frames, 2 sticks

Passenger Car
2 wood planks, 1 iron chimney, 1 iron cab, 1 coal, 2 iron boiler, 1 iron firebox, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frame, 2 iron ingot

Forney
1 iron chimney, 1 iron cab, 1 rose red, 1 charcoal, 2 iron boiler, 1 iron firebox, 3 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots

Does anyone know how to make the tracks builder? I tried videos but nothing works

nepocrates

Jul 29, 2019
These are the recipes that exist in the Mindcrack Pack I pull a few days ago. I did not see a tracker builder recipe. It does however appear as an item just that item does not seem to have a recipe. This is a cool mod I love it. The hardest part figuring out the recipes was figuring out the generic minecraft items to add

TIER 1
  • Cherepanov
  • Passenger car
  • Caboose
  • Work train
  • Small Freight car
  • Wood transport
  • Flat car
  • Tender
  • Tank car
  • Freight car
  • Freight wagon
  • Freight car
  • Freight car closed
  • BR80
  • Forney
  • Tender
  • Freight car
  • Caboose
  • Passenger car
  • Steam Locomotive
  • Small Steam Locomotive
TIER 2
  • GP40 Alaska Railroad
  • Shunter
  • ChME3
  • GP-7
  • BR01
  • Mogul
  • USFL 98
  • Heavy Steam locomotive
  • Passenger car
  • Work Caboose
  • Heavy Tender
  • Flatcart
  • Tank wagon
  • Stock car
  • Tank wagon
  • Flatcart
  • Box cart
  • Hopper wagon
  • Tank wagon
  • Platform cart wood
  • BR01's Tender
  • Passenger cart - first class
  • Passenger cart - second class
  • Freight wagon
  • Mail Wagon
TIER 3
  • High Speed train
  • High speed locomotive
  • VL10
  • EU07
  • SD70 Union Pacific
  • Open wagon
  • Juke box
  • Passenger car
  • Rail transport
  • Flat car
  • Wood transport
  • Freight Gondola
  • Tank Wagon

Majicou

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit lost here, anyone know what the coupler slot is for? A little guidance in the mod would be nice, like an updated wiki *tear*

the mod seems unfinished, i've been trying to use it in survival in the Mindcrack pack, but NEI doesn't show any recipes, and even after trying with the recipes on the wiki (http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/Recipes) it doesn't work.

is there a way to use it in survival?

*edit* i've figured out how to do it, you need an assembly table, theres 3 versions of the table for 3 different tiers of trains/carts. here are some of the recipes i've worked out:

(note: planks go into slot 1 of the assembly tables, ingots/sticks go into slot 10)

tier 1: made in assembly table 1:
flat car:
3 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks
passenger car and caboose:
6 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks

passenger car (iron):
2 wood planks, iron cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots
caboose (iron):
2 wood planks, wood cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots

tier 2: made in assembly table 2:

BR01:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

heavy steam locomotive:
steel chimney, steel cab, 3 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 3 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

USFL98:
steel chimney, steel cab, 4 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 4 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

Mogul:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots, lapis lazuli (goes in dye slot)

flatcar:
3 wood planks, 2 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

more thanks to Sabjoo:
Diesel Trains!

GP40
3 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 dandelion yellow, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel, 4 diesel engine (or 3 I think).

GP-7
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 rose red, 3 steel wheels , 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 3 steel

ChME3
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 cactus green, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 2 steel

SD70 Union Pacific
2 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 orange dye, 6 diesel engine, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frames, 2 steel
I'm a bit lost here, anyone know what the coupler slot is for? A little guidance in the mod would be nice, like an updated wiki *tear*
The coupler slot is for steel, and the component is for coal.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Coupler slot depends on what you are making by the way, For example, the tender uses sticks in the coupler slot. The component slot can be anything ranging from Chests, rails, redstone, coal, etc. It just depends on what kind of vehicle you are making :p

Arclight306

Jul 29, 2019
Shown as slot 1 to 10.
Tier 1
Cherepanov -> null, Iron Chimney, null, null, null, Iron Boiler, Iron Firebox, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, sticks
Small Freight Car -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Wooden Wheels, Wooden Frame, sticks
Passenger Car -> Wood Planks, null, Wood Cab, null, null, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, sticks
Caboose Car -> Wood Planks, null, Wood Cab, null, null, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, sticks
Flat Car -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Work Train -> Workbench, null, wood cab, null, furnace, null, null, wood wheels, wood frame, sticks
Tender -> null, null, null, null, Coal, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Freight Car -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Freight Wagon -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Freight Cart(US) -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Freight Car Closed -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Freight Car(2) -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Passenger Car -> Wood Planks, null, Iron Cab, null, null, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Caboose -> Wood Planks, null, Wood Cab, null, null, null, null, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingot
Fourney US -> null, Iron Chimney, Iron Cab, Rose Red, Coal, Iron Boiler, Iron Firebox, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingots
BR80 (DB) -> null, Iron Chimney, Iron Frame, Cactus Green, Water Bucket, Iron Boiler, Iron Firebox, Iron Wheels, Iron Frame, Iron Ingots
Wood Cart -> Wood Planks, null, null, null, Oak Wood, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Tank Car -> Cobblestone, null, null, null, Water Bucket, null, null, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Red Tender -> null, null, null, rose red, coal, null, null, Iron Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Steam Locomotive -> null, Iron Chimney, Wood Cab, Rose Red, null, Iron Boiler, Iron Firebox, Iron Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks
Small Steam Locomotive -> null, Iron Chimney, Wood Cab, Lapis, Torch, Iron Boiler, Iron Firebox, Wood Wheels, Wood Frame, Sticks

Tier 2
BR01(DB) -> null, Steel chimney, Steel Frame, null, null, Steel Boiler, Steel Firebox, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
USFL 98(US) -> null, Steel chimney, Steel Frame, null, null, Steel Boiler, Steel Firebox, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Heavy Steam Locomotive-> null, Steel chimney, Steel Frame, null, null, Steel Boiler, Steel Firebox, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Mogul (US)-> null, Steel chimney, Steel Frame, Lapis, null, Steel Boiler, Steel Firebox, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Flat Cart -> Steel, null, null, null, null, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Box Cart -> steel, null, null, null, chest, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Freight Wagon -> steel, null, null, null, chest, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Mail Wagon -> steel, n... snore, sleeping now.

Showered, Fed, now where was I...... oh ya.....

workbench, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Heavy Tender -> Steel, null, null, null, Coal, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
BR01 Tender -> Steel, null, null, null, Coal, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel

Tier III
SD70 Union Pacific -> null, Steel Chimney, Steel Cab, Orange Dye, null, null, Diesel Engine, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
High Speed Train -> null, null, Steel Cab, null, Redstone, Steel, Electric Motor, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
VL10(SU) -> null, Steel Chimney, Steel Cab, Cactus Green, Redstone, null, Electric Motor, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
EU07(Pol) -> null, Steel Chimney, Steel Cab, Cactus Green, Redstone, null, Electric Motor, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
High Speed Locomotive-> null, Steel Chimney, Steel Cab, Gray Dye, Redstone, Steel, Electric Motor, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Flat Car -> Steel, null, null, null, null , null, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Freight Gondola -> Steel, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Open Wagon -> Steel, null, null, null, Chest, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Wood Transport -> Steel, null, null, null, Oak Wood, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Rail Transport -> Steel, null, null, null, Track, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Juke Box Car -> Steel, null, null, null, Juke Box, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel
Tank Wagon -> Steel, null, null, null, Water Bucket, null, null, Steel Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel

Arclight306

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes, yes I do but I have to go out and about for several hours.
its Wood Planks, null, null, Rose Red, Leather, null, null, steer Wheels, Steel Frame, Steel

Reactions: Darkblock306