traincraft recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CornPlanter

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch for sharing, I am going to look into them more and share if I find out more recipes. It's really disrespectful to release a halfassed mod like this with no revealed recipes...

DV8FromTheWorld

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a bunch for sharing, I am going to look into them more and share if I find out more recipes. It's really disrespectful to release a halfassed mod like this with no revealed recipes...

Hello all. I am a developer along side MrBrutal for Traincraft.
After reading through this thread, I see how this has affected you all.
I am deeply sorry about the delay between recipe implementation and the wiki update.
The delay was my fault entirely. I had to rewrite the javascript systems used to make recipes for the wiki, and i had to design a program to parse through the normal java code that contained the recipes and have it output javascript that the wiki could use.
I also needed to design a system to display the item textures and names on mouseover to show up in the recipe images.
Ive updated the recipe page: http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/Recipes with all the train recipes.
The trains recipes are at the bottom.
Soon ill be adding all the trains recipes to their individual pages.
I am deeply sorry for the trouble this has caused you all, and I hope that in the future things like this wont happen.

RedCat

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks, I'm new to all this but could you or someone else tell me how to make assembly table 1? The recipe on the traincraft wiki does not work, I have so far tried iron and refined iron.

Edit: have tried all the different steels in singleplayer creative, with no luck. Also running mindcrack by the way.
Edit 2: SOLUTION: Use chiseled and cracked stone brick for the smooth stone instead.

Thank anyways :p

sabjoo

Jul 29, 2019
The Diesel Engine recipe is missing from the wiki. Could someone inform me?
I suck at explaning but what you need to do is make parts in the train workbench. S = steel, st = stick, x = blank p=piston c = camshaft C = cylinder
1. piston
(x-x-x)
(x-S-x)
(x-st-x)
2. camshaft 3 steel across (S-S-S)
3. cylinder
(S-x-S)
(S-x-S)
(S-S-S)
then in the work bench take the piston, camshaft, and cylinder and put them like this
(p-p-p)
(C-C-C)
(c-c-c)
bam! diesel engine!

Trinity Firestar

Jul 29, 2019
DV8, I really appreciate your post. Seeing how few people spotlight this mod and how difficult it is to find the recipes, I truly believe that your help will make a difference. On the server I run, NO ONE has messed with the Minecrack train recipes because of the total lack of information. People are detonating nuclear reactors as they experiment, testing portal guns, all in the name of science, but not one train. I look forward to seeing things corrected in the near future.

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all. I am a developer along side MrBrutal for Traincraft.
After reading through this thread, I see how this has affected you all.
I am deeply sorry about the delay between recipe implementation and the wiki update.
The delay was my fault entirely. I had to rewrite the javascript systems used to make recipes for the wiki, and i had to design a program to parse through the normal java code that contained the recipes and have it output javascript that the wiki could use.
I also needed to design a system to display the item textures and names on mouseover to show up in the recipe images.
Ive updated the recipe page: http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/Recipes with all the train recipes.
The trains recipes are at the bottom.
Soon ill be adding all the trains recipes to their individual pages.
I am deeply sorry for the trouble this has caused you all, and I hope that in the future things like this wont happen.

Sorry, no way man! You guys have an amazing mod! Figuring out a few things doesn't hurt any one. You guys are the ones doing us a huge favor by sharing your mod with us.

I've just recently added Traincraft to our DW20 v5 world and couldn't be happier.

DV8FromTheWorld

Jul 29, 2019
DV8, I really appreciate your post. Seeing how few people spotlight this mod and how difficult it is to find the recipes, I truly believe that your help will make a difference. On the server I run, NO ONE has messed with the Minecrack train recipes because of the total lack of information. People are detonating nuclear reactors as they experiment, testing portal guns, all in the name of science, but not one train. I look forward to seeing things corrected in the near future.

Well, one key issue with that would be the fact that the MindCrack pack has yet to update to our latest release, which is unfortunate since recipes do not work in the release they are using. It is working in the lastest release.

The Diesel Engine recipe is missing from the wiki. Could someone inform me?
Sorry about that, the recipe should be fixed now.

SirDiggalot

Jul 29, 2019
i cant craft the steam engine used for the zeppelin, i have the parts, and in the right places, but it just wont craft.
[EDIT] finally figured it out, you have to move the recipe up one, that is clearly silly though, so i hope it gets fixed, but its not urgent.