traincraft recipes?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
the mod seems unfinished, i've been trying to use it in survival in the Mindcrack pack, but NEI doesn't show any recipes, and even after trying with the recipes on the wiki (http://trains-and-zeppelin.wikispaces.com/Recipes) it doesn't work.

is there a way to use it in survival?

*edit* i've figured out how to do it, you need an assembly table, theres 3 versions of the table for 3 different tiers of trains/carts. here are some of the recipes i've worked out:

(note: planks go into slot 1 of the assembly tables, ingots/sticks go into slot 10)

tier 1: made in assembly table 1:
flat car:
3 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks
passenger car and caboose:
6 wood planks, wood cab, 2 wood wheels, 2 wood frame, 2 sticks

passenger car (iron):
2 wood planks, iron cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots
caboose (iron):
2 wood planks, wood cab, 2 iron wheels, 2 iron frames, 2 iron ingots

tier 2: made in assembly table 2:

BR01:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

heavy steam locomotive:
steel chimney, steel cab, 3 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 3 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

USFL98:
steel chimney, steel cab, 4 steel boiler, 2 steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 4 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

Mogul:
steel chimney, steel cab, 2 steel boiler, steel firebox, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots, lapis lazuli (goes in dye slot)

flatcar:
3 wood planks, 2 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel ingots

more thanks to Sabjoo:
Diesel Trains!

GP40
3 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 dandelion yellow, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 2 steel, 4 diesel engine (or 3 I think).

GP-7
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 rose red, 3 steel wheels , 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 3 steel

ChME3
1 steel chimney, 1 steel cab, 1 cactus green, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frame, 4 diesel engine, 2 steel

SD70 Union Pacific
2 steel chimney, 3 steel cab, 1 orange dye, 6 diesel engine, 3 steel wheels, 2 steel frames, 2 steel

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that you have to use the Assembly Table, and build the trains in that. I think, I haven't actually looked into Traincraft yet, though it seems kind of cool.

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that you have to use the Assembly Table, and build the trains in that. I think, I haven't actually looked into Traincraft yet, though it seems kind of cool.
tried that, it does turn green when you put the items in the right slots, but the recipes aren't working - for example, this should have made me a tracks builder: http://i.imgur.com/LfRIa.png

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
Cant help there, but another quote for ya, from the wiki.

A word about assembly tables:

- There isn't a list of recipes yet, so you must discover them yourself

- Stack size does matter!

- Be imaginative with the things you are trying to create to find out recipes

- Once you have found a recipe, it will be saved so you can remake it easily!

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why we need 3 train mods. We already had railcraft and steves carts, what's good about this other one?

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why we need 3 train mods. We already had railcraft and steves carts, what's good about this other one?
Uhmmm, you haven't really looked at it have you? Its totally different then either of the other two. I could list them, but why don't you go learn about it yourself. Best that way.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I probably will eventually. Still building my house on my new world, then have to build up my machines, sorting system, factories, etc... so much to do lol

afa7336

Jul 29, 2019
I probably will eventually. Still building my house on my new world, then have to build up my machines, sorting system, factories, etc... so much to do lol

Check the wiki or forum thread for pictures. While I love SC2 and RC, this mod here... Adds real trains to the game. Who doesn't like that!

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit lost here, anyone know what the coupler slot is for? A little guidance in the mod would be nice, like an updated wiki *tear*

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell, I'm pretty sure it allows you to couple individual cars into trains, similar to the crowbar in Railcraft. The wiki hasn't been very helpful as of yet. But I'm in the same boat as Hamster, I haven't even started on anything beyond my TE setup, so I've got a while to go before I can build some real rail lines. On a related note, does anyone know if some of the carts are compatible with Railcraft loaders and unloaders? That would make item transport amazing.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that they all are sir, just remember to place all power lines and loader/unloaders 2 blocks above the train track. I still cannot figure out how to assemble a train, as i have all slots filled except the component slot. I'm fairly frustrated at this point lol.

croswat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that they all are sir, just remember to place all power lines and loader/unloaders 2 blocks above the train track. I still cannot figure out how to assemble a train, as i have all slots filled except the component slot. I'm fairly frustrated at this point lol.
yeah all loaders/unloaders will work (according to the dev). like you said, just needs to be 2 blocks above.

i've spent about 2 or 3 days now trying to work out recipes and how to make the trains.. no luck :(

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
If you figure any of them out, please pass it on, it is borderline impossible like this.

Sirbab

Jul 29, 2019
Okay... so you wanna know what goes in the coupler slot? Sticks.... also, in steam trains, coal goes in the component slot. (thank you mr brutal :D)

powerupxx

Jul 29, 2019
so... anyone figure it out x-x. I have been trying for a few days, it seems that there is a train crafting bench, but without the recipe it's useless

powerupxx

Jul 29, 2019
im using mindcrack v4, should i update traincraft separately?[DOUBLEPOST=1356748799][/DOUBLEPOST]Im using V3.1.13_010