Traincraft intergration problem - recipes and crafting issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I added Traincraft to Resonant Rise myself and at first the recipes were messed up, but I fixed that with idfixminus. My issues now are: whenever I try to craft something with the Train Workbench it craft the item, the uncrafts it, then I craft it again, and if I'm lucky, it stops uncrafting (or ghost crafting, let's call it). I have to press Shift+Left Click quickly if I want to craft anything:
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Another problem I have is that I can't create a passenger car (and probably a few other things). How do I find out what the recipe should be and how do I fix it?
recepees.png

And LASTLY, the mod only allows for the use of its own metals in the Train Workbench. You can use MFR plastic, for example, or EnderIO coal dust, but only Traincraft Copper and Steel. This is not a big problem (I bypass it using Ore Converters), but I'd like to know if I can fix it.
I'm hoping that fixing these problems will help me with mod integration, not only for this mod, but for future ones as well. Also, I'm hoping to improve my experience with Traincraft!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get my head around the fact that mod is still a thing.
Thought it wasn't being developed anymore. I was gonna ask if it was still a hot glitchy mess.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get my head around the fact that mod is still a thing.
Thought it wasn't being developed anymore. I was gonna ask if it was still a hot glitchy mess.

I'm playing 1.6.4 and they haven't updated it past this MC version. It works pretty well for me, actually, apart from the issues above. It didn't crash my game once and for the most part it does what it's supposed to be doing.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
If thats the version with the unique tracks that allow for wide turns, then youre using a very WIP mod. Downgrading is an option I suppose.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
If thats the version with the unique tracks that allow for wide turns, then youre using a very WIP mod. Downgrading is an option I suppose.
But I love the wide turns! They're so smooth! Is there any other mod similar to Traincraft? I don't mean Railcraft.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
But I love the wide turns! They're so smooth! Is there any other mod similar to Traincraft? I don't mean Railcraft.

Theres Rails of war which is even more unfinished but defintely awesome. And some Japanese mod that has weird mechanics for placing tracks. both seem kinda risky to the health of your world. Id just cheat in the train if I were you.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Theres Rails of war which is even more unfinished but defintely awesome. And some Japanese mod that has weird mechanics for placing tracks. both seem kinda risky to the health of your world. Id just cheat in the train if I were you.
Yeah, I'm gonna cheat every locomotive or wagon that I can't craft. It's too bad that this mod has so many issues, because it's awesome. Is it just me or is playing with model trains in MC the greatest thing ever? Anyways, for how ambitious the mod is, it has relatively little issues.
One weird thing I discovered when testing the modpack (after I've added a few mods) is that the wind from the Weather mod (needed for Tropicraft) interferes with the Traincraft Zeppelin. The weather mod features can be disabled in the config, but how is this interaction possible? (the wind makes the zeppelin float away... in a glitchy way)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I remember using traincraft in mindcrack pack back in the day. Someone on my server made and placed a locomotive in a station buiding they made. Instead of placing on the tracks the model made it look like it was placed on the roof of the station.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What site are you using to host pictures? For some reason my phone doesn't display them but my computer at home works fine.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, you mean this forums image hosting doesn't work with Tapatalk, hmmk that sounds kinda weak.

Lol for some reason I find that wagon park cute.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Wow, you mean this forums image hosting doesn't work with Tapatalk, hmmk that sounds kinda weak.

I believe it has to do with it being a .png, at least that is what someone said to me

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019

It it sort of miniaturish, maybe that's why.
I always thought that "Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk" was your signature, and a reference I didn't get... Oops!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It it sort of miniaturish, maybe that's why.
I always thought that "Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk" was your signature, and a reference I didn't get... Oops!

Could also be that giant flower in the background or the fact that Thomas the Tank Engine theme started playing in my head.

And yeah, Tapatalk always adds that line to your posts. Not quite sure what it's function is though, maybe as a warning to others that any retardation in the post could be caused by predictive text?.

I'd love to use Traincraft more, but my experiences with it are it being a buggy mess. It's in a similar boat that Technomancy was in, a mod you really want to use but crippling bugs dissuade you.
Also I have a feeling this would conflict with Railcraft, chases are you wouldn't need it though.

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
Could also be that giant flower in the background or the fact that Thomas the Tank Engine theme started playing in my head.

And yeah, Tapatalk always adds that line to your posts. Not quite sure what it's function is though, maybe as a warning to others that any retardation in the post could be caused by predictive text?.

I'd love to use Traincraft more, but my experiences with it are it being a buggy mess. It's in a similar boat that Technomancy was in, a mod you really want to use but crippling bugs dissuade you.
Also I have a feeling this would conflict with Railcraft, chases are you wouldn't need it though.
I've got railcraft and I haven't noticed anything! Traincraft is a buggy mess and I don't ever wanna use it again (mainly because I did most of the things in it). Technomancy is also buggy (and by that I mean I had my world corrupted a few times by it) but I've managed to use it. Because of that little park there, I only get about 12-17 fps, but it's so pretty :) (talking about Traincraft here).
Rails of War looks promising, I hope they won't F that up as well!

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Technomancy is actually quite stable now, it used to be a horrid buggy mess with those world corruption bugs. But in 1.7.10 it's pretty solid.