Traincraft and Ultimate pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ultradolp

Jul 29, 2019
I have recently downloaded the ultimate pack and look through the list of mods. There are many surprises and excitement when I read through what each mod does. One thing I notice though is the missing of traincraft, which was in Mindcrack mod pack

Does everyone know why it is not included? My friend tells me it is buggy as hell. Than maybe the reason. But from my understanding as it also affects world gen (Crude oil and oil sand), doesn't it should be included for the sake of compatibility as the other mod pack?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
From what I understand, it was indeed removed because it was very buggy.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
From what I understand, it was indeed removed because it was very buggy.
Not very buggy, super ultra highly stupidly buggy ;), the seats of the trains for some reason were teleporting bellow the bedrock and creating 1800 copies of itself, wich was destroying my server performace, it took me half a day to discover this with mc edit, since they all stacked on top of eachother and you could only see 1 when you flew by.

/manu

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

BadSuzy

Jul 29, 2019
I just switched over to this modpack and for some reason it had a traincraft.cfg in the configs but no traincraft in the mods. lol.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I like the Oil sands because if you macerated them you could get a pretty good fuel source running.

CarbonX

Jul 29, 2019
I just switched over to this modpack and for some reason it had a traincraft.cfg in the configs but no traincraft in the mods. lol.
Every modpack has that. For example, the Direwolf20 pack has configs for Gregtech, Nether ores, Advanced solars, Traincraft, etc. Same goes for the magic pack, tech world, and I can't be bothered to confirm this, but likely the yogcraft pack has the same set. I don't necessarily know why, but it's not just the ultimate pack.

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB team probably copy pasted the .cfg files so that they didn't have to type up all the same stuff for every mod pack (namely things like the item ids)