Total FTB noob needs direction..

clanmcwood

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, im very new to FTB (playing for about a week now and only played vanilla minecreaft for a week before that!)

I have got my solar (advanced) and my geothermal generators feeding 2 MFEs so at home my power is sorted (for the time being) I have nano armour, sword and advanced solar helmet so can brawl with the best of them... I have the mass fab and recycler for scrap

Twilight forrest SUCKS as my portal spawned IN the hollow hill and got insta killed so I have remade it outside the hill and nearly eradicated the hill altogether.

Heres my problems....

What tech should I make now? what to put my efforts into? I cant find ANY NPC villages AT ALL after exploring extensively, How many should spawn?

I have used eye of ender to find a string hold and it takes me to an empty ravine with one mob spawner?

Any advice would be helpfull.

Thanks all, I wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for this forum tbh.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
would be helpful to know which modpack and version you're playing. if you're playing Ultimate I suggest working towards a modular powersuit, as it's handy for beginners as it holds alot of tools and is quite strong. as for villages, mods like ExtraBiomesXL and Biome's o Plenty add alot of new biomes, but that also decreases some of the spawning of vanilla structures, like villages

if you really need to find a village, try making a mystcraft age with a flat plains biome, otherwise use transformation powder from the Twilight Forest on a skeleton druid. you can find spawners for those druids, and with some transformation powder you quickly can get the required amount of villagers to start a villager breeding farm

clanmcwood

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thanks, Im playing unleashed but not sure of the version.. the latest I suspect, I have all the MODS on as I had no idea which ones I could turn off without conflict.. Yes I am a total MC FTB noob and require to be spoken to as you would a my 8 year old (who BTW is doing being at the game than me!)

Any ideas why the eye of ender takes me too a blank space with no strong hold? thats really annoying

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Any ideas why the eye of ender takes me too a blank space with no strong hold? thats really annoying

You require many many many many Eye of Enders to get to the actual Stronghold Portal itself (the one nearest to you). Just gotta make more and keep trying! You also require more Eye of Enders to activate the portal itself.

And as for what you should start to invest into, I would suggest starting to take down the MFR route, getting auto-facilities going for all your products. Your eventual goal is to get a Laser Drill (MFR) for all your ore needs. There should be plenty of youtube tutorials on this ;) (MFR accepts EU/MJ/[J/W])

clanmcwood

Jul 29, 2019
Well eyes of ender are not that hard to make, I use the minum stone and iron to create more ender pearls and there is a dessert near me I can get blaze powder, didn't know you needed a ton though as the vids ive watched just say.. throw one up in the air then when you there one down at the ground.... not that help full so thanks I will get making more.

Have not looked at MFR yet will look today, thanks that just the sort of direction I was looking for.