• Banjo-Kazooie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArcticW01f

Jul 29, 2019
What is the the Top Game of all time. Please give the name of the game and why it is the best. Have a good description so we can understand how the game is the best game ever. You can re-post new games as well that are also good. Show us what games are the Top Games.

ArcticW01f

Jul 29, 2019
let me say this again Post your favorite game and see what others think is the best game ever. Also post why its the best game for people who have never played it. You jest might get others to get that game. And the poll will be changed after a while I'll do different polls on various systems and games and some will be easy like this one and others will be a bit harder. This poll however has no real answer of the top played games of the Nintendo 64 what is the favorite of your choice (can be more than one pick if too hard).

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
I hate being a party pooper, but someones gotta be one...

First, dont spam your own thread. It's a poor effort, if nobody wants to reply then that's that.
Second, it's funny when your title says "of any System" yet somehow you have "mostly" nintendo 64 games on the top. A bit confusing...

Now, on topic!

Two Worlds 2 on the PC
It's a open world RPG with 3 huge continents/islands for you to explore!

An amazing and unique magic system that makes you want to be a mage!

It has multiplayer! This game was created around the same time as Oblivion, so bethesda probably stole most rpg-fans, but did Oblivion have multiplayer? I think not :p

And Two Worlds 2 has a fun way to mini-game: playing instruments to crowds of people and get some fast cash :D

ArcticW01f

Jul 29, 2019
fair...
Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005) Xbox360
You have free world drive, you have many types of races tons of police pursuits and you can customize any car you have.

The game is you are burned and you have to go on the Blacklist to get payback on the man that burned you and took your car. You get money from races to customize your cars to get them to go faster and better in handling or you could make your cars look sick. After you beat someone on the Blacklist you have get 2 picks on random makers and one marker will let you take the losers car. Along the way you have hours of fun driving fast and making the cops mad at you. There is a Multiplayer and the racers in this old game are pros. All the Achievements are in-game no Xbox live Achievements. If you want to have a good time pick up this old game and have fun.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
okay, another game I enjoyed:
Warlords Battlecry 3 (2003(?)) PC
A good RTS game in the spirit of warcraft. However, this one has content instead of warcraft-bling. ;)
16 different races to choose from: High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarves, Feys, Minotaur, Ssrathi, Daemon, Dark Elves, Dark Dwarves, PlagueLords, Orcs, Undead and the Swarm. Humans being split into 3 factions; Knights, Barbarians and Empire.
You can customize your Hero and train him to lv 50!
13 spellbooks which you can learn 1-3 to your hero, depending on his race background and which class you made him.
The campaign is... well not the strongest point. A true RTS hardcore fan could probably beat the story in 1 day.
But the true fun comes not from beating the game, it comes from customizing and training your hero and shaping his strenghts!
There are also mini-quests if you find a temple and click on it with your hero; "slay x enemies" or "raze x buildings" and you can receive allies + xp OR item(s) + xp!
Yes, there are items which you can equip to your hero and give him more protection or stronger hits
There are also hard-to-find master sets which, when all found and equipped, gives huge bonuses to your hero!
There's also Retinues. After a battle is won, the strongest units can be stored in your retinue for you to use in future battles!
Finale?
For any RTS fans out there, there is a "Ironman Mode". This is as hardcore as it can get, nevermind what difficulty you choose, if your hero dies, never mind who won the battle in the end, the game will delete your character hero. All effort and time put into it.... wasted!

Edit! I forgot one vital part; Titans. Once you reach the highest tier on your main building you can summon this bad boy once every battle. They are gods on the battlefield, if the enemy manages to kill one its death will cause firey destruction all around it. Sweet!
Oh and there are dragons....

I am in no way a RTS fan, but I loved the variety in this game. The different types of magic was interesting, 2-3 of them could control the weather!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
"The" best game? Friend, there's no objective best. And no, I don't see why the PC shouldn't be considered a console. My favourites:

Stone tower temple: crazy creepy.
Final boss: fairly challenging without the Fierce Deity's Mask, and if you're using that in the final boss it's cheating.
Overall atmosphere: Dark, especially Ikana area onwards.

Really nice lighting engine and art style, fun combat system.

No one but KirinDave AFAIK has heard of this game, but it's fun. And the Dragon Zombie and Antlion in later cycles are pretty hard to slay. Currently working on getting all the materials/scrolls for the Dreamcatcher, though I can easily defeat Memiroa without it.

I probably like it mostly because of the "dodge-attack-dodge-attack-dodge-attack" fighting style, while it still limits your movements enough to make it somewhat challenging. And those bloody Death Knights with their spinny attack's range ...

Got stuck on the second boss, but it's a pretty fun puzzle-solving game. Basically I like cleverly-presented puzzles.

[fanboyargument]It's fun and that's that.[/fanboyargument]

Need I say more?

Hard to explain this one, but trust me, it's a nice engineering game.

Read Draco89123's Survival Endless guide. Look at the insane builds in it. Then tell me there's little creativity involved.

And probably a few others I missed. Yes, OoT and TWW are also great Zelda games, but I didn't want to clutter up this post with Zelda fanboy-ness.

Reactions: QueWhat

mightyjake

Jul 29, 2019
Final Fantasy VII - Play Station (1997)
This game was my childhood. I first played it in 2002 when I was five and it was still a good game then. It had a great story, awesome powers and an airship (who doesn't like airships). It also had some of the best music for its day, covers of the tracks are still being made and upload to Youtube all the time. Personally, I have learned to play the battle theme and the boss theme on my guitar. As for graphics, sure they were no where near as good as FF8, but they were incredibly unique. Icons from the game (i.e. Cloud's Buster Sword) will remain a gaming symbol for generations and the game itself will always be remembered for creating the ultimate RPG experience.

I agree with KSP as being the best simulator, btw.

Reactions: Munaus

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
For just raw nostalgia, one of my favourite games of all time (or at least for that console) has to be Time Splitters (2 or Future Perfect)

I have never talked to someone who played that game and did not love it. Not only is it one of the few FPSs I enjoy, it made me realise that I love doing stupid shit in games, probably why I love FTB. A game where you can design a new gamemode around the concept of surviving against swarms of monkeys? Or one that has a challenge of decapitating zombies with zombie heads? Yeah I miss Time Splitters

Stevo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have an all time favorite but a few off the top of my list would have to be:
Legend of Dragoon - Playstation (Loved the battle engine and storyline)
Paper Mario - Nintendo 64 (Used to get this from the rental store every time I was sick)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Playstation 2 (I just had a lot of fun with this game)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I would say that need for speed

tumblr_m8f1f7CRHI1rtc9of.gif

Disclaimer: While you may find this post offensive, it is intended only for comic value and not in any way to (censored) you off. Please take this with the greatest possible respect.

RedmenNL

Jul 29, 2019
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
It made gaming (even) more mainstream and changed all multiplayer games that released after it. COD might be hated on nowadays(I don't like it anymore too), but at that time it was new, cool and innovative.

mightyjake

Jul 29, 2019
No offence, but have you ever heard of Quake, Unreal Tournament or even Goldeneye for the N64? They were the same as Call of Duty (multiplayer FPS games), only better for not being mainstream.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Mass Effect, Portal, and Half-Life.
The first one changed my life forever (asari sex headcanons yay :D), and the other two are just plain awesome.

Sent from my phone using black magic

haisho

Jul 29, 2019
Final Fantasy VII - Play Station (1997)
This game was my childhood. I first played it in 2002 when I was five and it was still a good game then. It had a great story, awesome powers and an airship (who doesn't like airships). It also had some of the best music for its day, covers of the tracks are still being made and upload to Youtube all the time. Personally, I have learned to play the battle theme and the boss theme on my guitar. As for graphics, sure they were no where near as good as FF8, but they were incredibly unique. Icons from the game (i.e. Cloud's Buster Sword) will remain a gaming symbol for generations and the game itself will always be remembered for creating the ultimate RPG experience.
Gonna have to dispute FFVII as being the greatest. Sure, it was amazing for its time, but in terms of depth...I personally feel Final Fantasy VI comes out on top.

Color me odd, but I just feel that nostalgia clouds people's judgement. Don't misunderstand though. I beat the game like 15 times, and occasionally feel the urge to play it again so you know I love the game, but I just don't agree that it's the greatest. If anything, I feel that the reason it got popular is that it was simply a game in the right place at the right time. It was practically the PS1's first foray into a 3D RPG, after all.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna have to dispute FFVII as being the greatest.
I've had a slight disagreement on someone on Technic forums, when she claimed FF7 was 'mediocre' (!!!) :eek:

I didn't dare go too far with the discussion, seeing as I couldn't pierce her irrefutable logic (where do women aquire these "logic"-things anyway?)
I hope that will change, as I plan to get an emulator and get the older versions of FF and see where and how FF7 faltered.
Perhaps our next debate will lead to a PAINS :p and seal my fate as a crazed fanboy and getting permbanned from the Tforums... :confused:

mightyjake

Jul 29, 2019
Both games are good, but Final Fantasy 7 is the only one I have played for any decent length of time.
I tried to get into FF13, but it fell short of my expectations and I got bored.

Bughunter

Jul 29, 2019
For just raw nostalgia, one of my favourite games of all time (or at least for that console) has to be Time Splitters (2 or Future Perfect)

I have never talked to someone who played that game and did not love it. Not only is it one of the few FPSs I enjoy, it made me realise that I love doing stupid shit in games, probably why I love FTB. A game where you can design a new gamemode around the concept of surviving against swarms of monkeys? Or one that has a challenge of decapitating zombies with zombie heads? Yeah I miss Time Splitters
I played the Time Splitters for the GameCube when i was 5 and was pretty good at it. But when I got an Xbox when I was 9, I completely forgot how to look around. But, in my opinion, the best GameCube series was Pikmin. It was so new and really fun to play. It seemed like another world (which it was, but you get my idea ;)