too much scrap

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I have almost 2 and half diamond chest full. I produce way more scrap than my on mass fabicator can eat.
What should I do. I can't make another one. It takes steve's cart all it can do to produce enough saplings to keep the first one running.

I have a 36H steel steam boiler running at 1000 degrees. I have 8 industrial engines running off of it. What can I use to turn that into EU.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the Steam Boiler you can make a Railcraft Steam Turbine to turn Steam into EU. (See, this is why I love Railcraft. It's not just Rails, it's a lot more Buildcraft awesomeness!)

The Scrap, depending on how much you produce, I suppose you could set up a Scrapbox Factory (just an Autocrafting or Project table, I had trouble automating Project Table autocrafting a while back, but that's probably since you need Tubes,) a Dispenser, and an Obsidian Pipe/Transposer to catch the Scrapped items. (Try installing Gregtech, that'll make that whole Scrapbox system pretty much useless. ;) )

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Scrap boxes. 9 scrap in a crafting table, take the box and right click while holding it. Boom, random item.

And after you make scrapboxes, when you have too many of them, hold them in your hand, aim straight upwards, and right click until you are out of boxes. Happy Craftsmas!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Note that if you are running GregTech, scrapboxes got nerfed... (you can change it back in the config, as always). In the DW20 pack, go right ahead.

Another solution is simply more EU: build yourself a nuclear reactor or a field of solar panels.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Scrapboxes can be used in the mass fabricator in place of scrap. That'll at least allow you to compact your scrap 9:1, though you'll still run out of space eventually if you don't generate more EU. Nuclear power is fairly interesting and may give you enough power to process scrap faster than you're producing it.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
You could also try an automated scrapbox lucky dip, have it sort items you want from opened scrap boxes and void the junk, leave it running and check it every so often, or rescrap the items you don't want instead, either is good.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Can never have enough scrap, just add more mass fabs :D seriously those things eat the stuff like it was limited edition. One MFSUs worth of EU can eat over 100 stacks.