Problem To many mobs spawning!

Jadon_Guy

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I have a server I host, but to many mobs are spawning and lagging out his connection to it. We have about 600 mobs spawning. Is there a way to limit how many spawn? I've looked everywhere for a fix, but can't seem to find one. This is with the FTB Monster

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
What type of mod is it? Did you try to check with opis? I know Ars Magica sometimes has issues with hecates.

Jadon_Guy

Jul 29, 2019
What type of mod is it? Did you try to check with opis? I know Ars Magica sometimes has issues with hecates.
I don't know what mod it's from, but I killed all the mobs and it fixed it. I had over 700 chickens in the game.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what mod it's from, but I killed all the mobs and it fixed it. I had over 700 chickens in the game.
He was asking what mod the mobs are from, however since it was chickens it is normal minecraft. Are you sure somebody didn't just spawn a lot of chickens?

The only thing that I can think of with massive amounts of mobs spawning in a small area was back in 1.4.7 and that was well over 20000 mobs that would glitch spawn. Haven't seen it since though.

Jadon_Guy

Jul 29, 2019
He was asking what mod the mobs are from, however since it was chickens it is normal minecraft. Are you sure somebody didn't just spawn a lot of chickens?

The only thing that I can think of with massive amounts of mobs spawning in a small area was back in 1.4.7 and that was well over 20000 mobs that would glitch spawn. Haven't seen it since though.
It was a fresh map, and only my friend and I play on it. It was in the Dye Trees' biome. With all kinds of animals like colored sheep, and etc. It would spawn a crazy number of mobs, and I would have to open opis and kill them off.

JohnJohn1983

Jul 29, 2019
I have to opposite problem to you as when I started my FTB monster server I found a config that I was able to set the amount of mobs spawned at any one time so I set it a bit low but now my players are complaining theirs not enough mobs but I cant remember where the config file was. I've made a thread here to ask if anyone knows, keep an eye out on that thread as well as it will help you. You would probably like how my server is now. Hardly any mobs on land as they are mainly all under ground in the caves.