To Be Continuud.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Who's checking out Continuum?

I'm checking it out (possibly to steal ideas) and I'm already coming up with various questions, so I figured a conversation on the pack is a good place to start.

Anyone know what OreExcavator is in the pack for? A bunch of stuff is blacklisted in the config for it. What's is good for?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Who's checking out Continuum?

I'm checking it out (possibly to steal ideas) and I'm already coming up with various questions, so I figured a conversation on the pack is a good place to start.

Anyone know what OreExcavator is in the pack for? A bunch of stuff is blacklisted in the config for it. What's is good for?
Absolutely nothin’ (say it again, y’all)

Sorry, couldn’t help it :D great song.

I’m glad you mentioned about the grammatical issues with the post - there was a LOT in there. Krakaen posted about 4 episodes in 2-3 days and I haven’t managed to catch up; I do wonder if some of the changes and issues he has mentioned have been implemented. I’d like to check it out but I’ve only got time for one pack at the moment.

What’s not blacklisted?

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
My guess is it is thee for streaming/youtubers. Watching someone spend minutes taking down a massive oak tree is much less entertaining then watching someone whack it down in one go with OreExcavator or Vein Miner. Plus It's always amusing to see someone do that and suddenly start taking damage when the hunger bar gets wiped.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I can’t remember if I ever saw Krakaen using it. He probably did! I think it might be because other things take so long, it makes that a bit quicker. Plus with a hunger mod (spice of life type thing) in there, but also the lunchboxes, it means that you have to think about food and having a variety, but it isn’t quite the ballache that having a half dozen food items in your inventory is. You can veinmine, but it’ll cost you. I think it’s quite a smart move :)

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Looking through the questbook there's a quest near the beginning that is titled "Did you know we had OreExcavation," so I would assume that you have to unlock it.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Looking through the questbook there's a quest near the beginning that is titled "Did you know we had OreExcavation," so I would assume that you have to unlock it.
I like the other answers but this is the best one ;)

I struggle with carpal tunnel, and nothing in gaming triggers it like mining in minecraft. I'm always tempted to turn on ore excavation features. But in this pack I feel a need to just fight through it a bit because ore excavation is a balancing feature (just like treecapitation can devalue treefarms a little bit)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I struggle with carpal tunnel, and nothing in gaming triggers it like mining in minecraft. I'm always tempted to turn on ore excavation features. But in this pack I feel a need to just fight through it a bit because ore excavation is a balancing feature (just like treecapitation can devalue treefarms a little bit)
You could probably find an autoclicker or other macro program that could help you with certain repeated jobs., and then bind it to some key. For example create a macro that toggles holding down the mouse button. Would still be balanced as you have to sit and watch it, but without all the clicking.

I have sometimes used one for jobs where I had to repeatedly break X number of blocks.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You could probably find an autoclicker or other macro program that could help you with certain repeated jobs., and then bind it to some key. For example create a macro that toggles holding down the mouse button. Would still be balanced as you have to sit and watch it, but without all the clicking.

I have sometimes used one for jobs where I had to repeatedly break X number of blocks.
This is actually really clever, I'll look into that.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
There's one built into Windows. Look on youTube for PurpleMentatt, he did a quick how to on setting up an autoclick/keybind for just such occasions.
I've used it myself while sieving and it works great.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That's inverted so actually a whitelist, once you either get the enchantment or the modifier for a TiC tool you can use and it'll only work on ores due to the config.
I did figure out the excavator modifier thing. I didn't notice the inversion. Thanks.