Tinkers Slime Balls

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
How are you meant to get blue/purple slime in Tinkers?

Congealed Maga Slime blocks are easy in that a visit to the nether and a bit of wandering can yield a magma slime sapling or two, when planted, will generate a congealed maga slime block tree.

(in 1.10 at least) both purple and blue saplings grow up into trees that have congealed green slime block trunks. Allowing the entire tree to decay might yield 1 slime ball.

Taking buckets of Liquid Blue Slime off the islands doesn't seem to help - slimes don't spawn in liquid slime except on slime island chunks (apparently).

So, is making a tool with slime parts the only way?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking - have you come across slime blocks surrounding the pools of blue liquid slime? In 1.12 they are often blue as well. Also, I seem to remember the blue slime balls falling as a rare drop when breaking slime leaves.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Purple Slime balls are found most plentifully from purple slime islands, but those are pretty rare. They can also be found from breaking purple slime tree leaves.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The slime islands are a limited resource. Of course they can be pillaged - I am looking for a renewable source of purple & blue slime blocks / balls. AoE needs a lot of blue slime ...

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
The blue slime island have purple slime tree's. The purple slime tree's drop purple slime balls from their leaves. (it is a rare drop, but it IS an infinite resource)
The purple slime island have blue slime tree's. The blue slime tree's drop blue slime balls from their leaves. (same story)
Difficult to automate, but if you set up camp below a slime island, it will spawn blue slimes, and you can go and defeat those to get more blue slime balls.

I'm not sure about this, but I faintly remember that one of the environmental tech machines generates slime island stuff in AoE. You'll need to check JEI for that.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The slime islands are a limited resource. Of course they can be pillaged - I am looking for a renewable source of purple & blue slime blocks / balls. AoE needs a lot of blue slime ...
Liquid slime will, on occasion, spawn slimes of that color. So purple liquid slime will, on occasion, spawn purple slimes. Which can then be killed for their slime. Same with the far more common blue liquid slime. A tool with a blue slime head will periodically spawn blue slimes as you use it, more than is needed to repair the tool, which is another way of obtaining blue slime.

However, this is irrelevant in Age of Engineering, which has other means of creating them. Why don't you have a look in your quest book? It might have some tips there. For that matter, why don't you check in JEI under the relevant color slimeball for ways it can be created?

Age of Engineering has VASTLY different ways of doing EVERYTHING. Generally standard advise is likely NOT going to work. And if grinding isn't your thing... this probably isn't going to be the pack for you. Just sayin'.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
"It is said" that liquid slime does not spawn slimes, except when placed in a slime island chunk. And the liquid slime I carried back to my base has not, thus far, spawned anything. Maybe I need more, but in previous versions you didn't need much.

JEI is not showing anything interesting for obtaining either blue or purple slime balls or blocks and the AoE quest blurb makes no special mention.

I don't - usually- find AoE grindy in the classic sense. Certainly not in the way that Infinity Evolved Expert mode was.

L

Lavarager

Taking buckets of Liquid Blue Slime off the islands doesn't seem to help - slimes don't spawn in liquid slime except on slime island chunks (apparently).

When you first place slime bucket on the ground it has a high chance of spawning a slime. Make a machine to open and shut the flow of the slime liquid onto the ground.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I haven't played AoE before, so I can't speak to the peculiarities there. But in Infinity Evolved, the slime trees are made of the blocks which can then be broken down into slime balls. This runs on 1.7.10 and doesn't have purple slime balls but does have the blocks. Blue blocks do break down into blue balls, so I imagine there would be a similar method for purple in your case.