Open Tinkers Drying racks causing massive lag/FPS drop

CherryGryffon

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Tinkers Drying racks causing massive lag/FPS drop

Pack Version 3.0.0

What is the bug? When using the drying racks [be it placing or removing things from them], they cause massive lag. They may also be contributing lag just by existing, but it's minor if it is. The main thing is USING them causes such massive lag I've had to wait a few seconds after placing each piece of meat or removing it.

Mod & Version 1.10.2-2.6.1 Tinkers Construct

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? As far as I've tested, it is. Just place rotten flesh on a rack, and/or then remove it.

Known Fix

K

KnightMiner

What else is near the drying rack? Placing items in a drying rack causes the chunk to be rerendered, and while drying racks are easy to redraw, a nearby block could be less efficient

CherryGryffon

Jul 29, 2019
Good thoughts!! They're presently hanging on my mob spawner for easier placing of flesh. And, the other person I have seen to have similar lag had them in the same location on their own server.

Question though, would that still affect them so badly, given I only place/remove flesh after all mobs have been killed? There would be no entities [not even xp] remaining in the chunk to add to the lag?

K

KnightMiner

Its shouldn't be entities being redrawn, it would be blocks, so I doubt that will have too much effect

K

KnightMiner

I'm having trouble reproducing lag, then again my laptop is pretty strong. Does moving to a different area have any affect?

CherryGryffon

Jul 29, 2019
Doing other things doesn't cause a problem. It's the act of putting things on, or taking them off, the racks that causes lag and FPS drop. It's like the game doesn't know what to do with something being put on the rack, and has to "think about it" before letting you do something else.

So I have to place the flesh on the rack, wait a second, then move to the next rack if that makes sense.

K

KnightMiner

Yeah, I know. Placing and removing items from racks is giving me next to no lag, even with about 50 spammed around the area. The other possibility is you have something complicated to render on the rack, Tinkers tools can be a bit more taxing, or models from some mods.