Tinkers' Construct Material Help - FTB Monster 1.6.4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Archie Duffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my fellow beast feeders.

If I were to make tools from the parts in the spoiler, what would be the material to use for maximum speed?

- Large Plate
- Hammer Head
- Tough Tool Rod
- Lumber Axe Head
- Tough Binding
- Excavator Head
- Scythe Head
- Pickaxe Head
- Shovel Head
- Axe Head

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Cobalt for all heads, and I always add thaumium rod-types and one paper part (if available). Not sure if plates affect speed, maybe somebody after me can enlighten us :)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Cobalt for tool heads (fastest speed),
Manyullyn for weapon blades (highest base damage),
Manyullyn for tool rods (highest handle modifier),
Thaumium or Paper for anything else (extra mod slots, you can stack multiples with paper, only one thaumium part will count but it is good for extra tool HP along with the extra mod slots)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Cobalt for tool heads (fastest speed),
Manyullyn for weapon blades (highest base damage),
Manyullyn for tool rods (highest handle modifier),
Thaumium or Paper for anything else (extra mod slots, you can stack multiples with paper, only one thaumium part will count but it is good for extra tool HP along with the extra mod slots)
Many for tool rod is kind of a waste of resources. Slime rod has only slightly less handle modifier (second highest in the game), and that really only applies to durability which isn't nearly as relevant once you can put something like Mossy or Fluxed on your tool.

Cobalt is the fastest base material for tool heads. So if it is anything other than a sword, this is pretty much the go-to material.

Manyullyn is the best material for sword blades because it has the highest damage output of any material. Making a scythe blade out of Many also makes sense if you are using it as a weapon against the masses.

Thaumium and Paper both give an extra modifier, and Thaumium otherwise has the same properties as Iron. So using Thaumium as a plate won't cost you too much in statistics but will provide an extra modifier. It also makes an excellent rod since, as previously mentioned, durability is kind of not an issue after you are at this stage of the game. Paper is excellent at making bindings, guards, and other items that don't really affect the stats of a tool or weapon.

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
I usually go ardite for tool rods for tools for the stonebound 2 modifier. Durability really isnt an issue as with stonebound you can freeze the stonebone effect with a flux modifier.

Reactions: pizzawolf14