Tinker's Construct - Flux

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Paul Moore

Jul 29, 2019
I know that the flux mod in TC needs battery capacity/1000 in durability. But I have 2 questions:

1. Is that current or maximum durability? (I.e. if my pick is damaged, will repairing it help?)
2. Is it effective or base durability?

My pick has 1968/3000 with 4285 effective. I crafted a redstone flux capacitor (based on the DW20 video) which holds 4M RF (and so needs 4000 durability) and was annoyed to find it didn't work - particularly as there's not a lot else I can do with a redstone flux capacitor :-(

I guess unless it's current effective durability, I just wasted the capacitor. Even if it is that, I'd need to use manyulyn to repair it first, which I don't have in abundance yet. Ah, well...

Paul

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I had the same issue. What I noticed is that I had to use a solid manulyn hammer to put a resonant flux capacitor :) Then cobalt used the tier below that in the capacitor. Hope that helps

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
there's not a lot else I can do with a redstone flux capacitor :-(
Yeah, the capacitor mechanics are weird. I don't know much about it, but I do know that you can use the capacitor to charge any other RF-powered tools you have, and a lot of tools also use capacitors in their recipes. What pack are you using? I can recommend some stuff. :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
...particularly as there's not a lot else I can do with a redstone flux capacitor :-(

Just make the tool with whatever capacitor will fit, then use the Redstone Capacitor as an extra battery while in the field. As stated above, it will charge other RF powered tools as well, and most likely armor as well. You can set up an Ender Pouch/Chest system to pull nonfull capacitors into a charging station (EnderIO Capacitor Bank comes to mind), then pull fully charged capacitors back onto the Ender Chest. This will save you from being 10km from home (or deep in the Nether) and running out of charge.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Like what others said.

I tend to use a lot of paper parts for my tools for and then slap a Leadstone capacitor on it.
And because if that, my tools have a small RF capacity.

That is why I carry around a Resonant Capacitor on me to offset the small RF capacity of my tools.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Like what others said.

I tend to use a lot of paper parts for my tools for and then slap a Leadstone capacitor on it.
And because if that, my tools have a small RF capacity.

That is why I carry around a Resonant Capacitor on me to offset the small RF capacity of my tools.
I find doing that's a little annoying when you plan to make a super fast pick (well what else would you be doing lol) you can drain the pick faster then the capacitor fills it and you end up damaging it. To my understanding the rate of which the tool charges is dependent on the level of capacitor used.
At least I think...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the battery with whatever capacitor fits method.

I believe it's total, base durability for capacitor determination. The way that's set up, strap an emerald on if there isn't one, and it should kick it up over the limit so you can apply your redstone capacitor to it. If it's already got one, you can't use that. Try a hardened energy cell instead.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the battery with whatever capacitor fits method.

I believe it's total, base durability for capacitor determination. The way that's set up, strap an emerald on if there isn't one, and it should kick it up over the limit so you can apply your redstone capacitor to it. If it's already got one, you can't use that. Try a hardened energy cell instead.
Or maybe it is dependent on the mining level it can do?? Cause I still think it is weird I had to use a solid manulyn for the resonant capacitor. But I love my hammer and when it needs to be charged I toss it in the energetic infuser and boom a couple minutes later all better :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
1. Current with default settings ( B:"Balanced Flux Modifier"=true)
2. Base

The minimum required durability is gotten with battery capacity/1000. So the exact numbers are 80 durability for a leadstone capacitor, 400 for a hardened, 2,000 for a redstone, and 10,000 for a resonant.

Reactions: Rubyheart

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
As far as charge rate goes all you need is hardened level flux on the tool and a resonant capacitor in my hotbar. When I use leadstone I find I deplete the RF so quick it starts taking the durability when I make the tool too fast. However I find hardened charges quick enough from an external source.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Paul Moore

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to all for the responses. I'll probably go with the smaller battery and charging as I go, and see how that works out.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It will probably be annoying, flux doesn't shine untill you make yourself a decent external RF source. Once you do thought your next problem will be bag space lol, as you'll be mining for days. I suggest rushing a redstone capacitor and activate it in your hotbar.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk