Tinkers Construct Best Tools 1.10.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

Jagesh

What are the best tools to make in this version of Tinkers? I wanted to know early game tools and late game tools :)
Pick: Something quick but accurate, nothing insanely fast but I would still like a decent speed (Fortune would be nice but not necessary as you can easily ore double.

Hammer: Something that mines fast and is fairly durable (Fortune would be nice to have for the ores if possible)

Sword/Rapier: Something that attacks fast with the new 1.10 attack changes... I was looking for something that would eventually one shot most vanilla mobs after adding sharpness.

Thank you! I am new to FTB so still learning! Feel free to add any more tips you may have, I barely know a thing about FTB haha!

-Jagesh

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
TC got changed in 1.8 so there is no definitive best material, so I would look through the book to see what sounds best to you. Also, mods have a .5 second immunity timer after getting hit, so a Broadsword would likely be your best bet

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
My current pick is Cobalt Head, Bronze Binding and Copper Rod, combined with Mending, Luck, and Haste for fast mining and self-repairing. Mending eats XP and Copper Rod generates it as you mine. Cobalt picks up speed as you mine, so if you're suddenly going too fast you simply stop for a moment and then you're back at the base speed. Bronze is Dense, which means it occasionally doesn't use durability, so that's helpful.

My hammer is Silver Plate, Bronze Plate, Cobalt head and Copper Tough Rod. Mending, Luck, Haste. Silver Plate gives Holy, which does bonus undead damage, on top of the bonus the hammer gets.

Rapier isn't as good as it once was, though it's got a much faster refire rate if you miss. I'm still big on the Longsword. The leap power gives you a lot of mobility until you get flight. Silver handle, Many/Demonic blade, Copper handle. Mending and sharpness.

Longbow is awesome in 1.10. Electrum Limb, Knightslime Limb, Cobalt plate, and any string. It's very fast. You can go faster with dual electrum limbs, but then the durability is microscopic, and only really good if you level it up to be indestructible. In this configuration, it'll one shot most things with vanilla arrows, and just about anything with my preference of Many Arrowheads, Bone Shaft, Feather Fletching. The only thing it doesn't one shot are Endermen because they're unhittable with projectiles.

Reactions: Jagesh

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I still prefer using slime for my hammer (plates and head, wood tough rod) for mining runs with only some Redstone to speed it up a touch. Super simple to make (once you get a slime tree sapling) and the durability is insane. It won't mine Redstone and above, so it's good for making sure you are using your luck/looting pick on the good stuff.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
I still prefer using slime for my hammer (plates and head, wood tough rod) for mining runs with only some Redstone to speed it up a touch. Super simple to make (once you get a slime tree sapling) and the durability is insane. It won't mine Redstone and above, so it's good for making sure you are using your luck/looting pick on the good stuff.
obsidian sharpening kit, gives it max mining level

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Best pick\hammer\excavator\lumber axe\hatchet\mattock\shovel is anything you can easily repair (so anything you have a crapload of), with an obsidian sharpening kit added and knightslime somewhere in it other than the head. All the other parts are just really for durability but having one copper part is a superb idea especially for the hammer\excavator\lumber axe (oh god the lumber axe with a copper plate and forestry sequioas, MAKE IT RAIN Y'ALL).
Best weapon is a manyullyn\demon steel shuriken with one paper blade to start off with then leveled twice and full obsidian plates used to make it unbreakable, it's stupid fast, does great damage and can do it from your off-hand. Once you level it a bit more add looting for lulz.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
TC got changed in 1.8 so there is no definitive best material, so I would look through the book to see what sounds best to you. Also, mods have a .5 second immunity timer after getting hit, so a Broadsword would likely be your best bet
Its not a mod thing. The .5 second immunity was added in 1.9.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I usually just make unbreakable paper tools. Because no matter how slow or fast they are, you can mine infinitely.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I still enjoy iron on the head, especially earlier game, because of the magnetic effect. The XP from copper isn't insubstantial either, works well as a plate or binding or similar, and couples well with Mending Moss. Wood is a pretty respectable handle material early on too.