Tinkers Construct Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

bear2022

Jul 24, 2014
Does anyone know if anyone has made some type of tinkers construct automation? Preferably made with computercraft?

thanks, bear2022

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If all you want to do is cast blocks or ingots then you can just use some kind of fluid pipe in place of the drains. But that's probably not what you're looking for is it?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
You can export items into the controller, lava into the seared tank and the liquid contents out of the drains (bottom liquid only) suing any kind of liquid moving mechanic. you can also export liquid metal into the smeltery using the drain

casting can be separate from the smeltery so you can use the computer to export the liquids to the casting table or into the smeltery, there is 144 mB per ingot

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on what you're trying to automate.

If it's just to double your ores, then the easiest way is have an input chest with a hopper under it pointing to the smeltery controller, put a redstone clock (the block) above the drain, and then have a hopper under your casting table to get the ingots out.

But the thing is, if you put ores that can make alloys like tin and copper together, you are going to have problems :)

What's your idea behind using a computer ?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

If it's just to double your ores, then the easiest way is have an input chest with a hopper under it pointing to the smeltery controller, put a redstone clock (the block) above the drain, and then have a hopper under your casting table to get the ingots out.

But the thing is, if you put ores that can make alloys like tin and copper together, you are going to have problems :)

no need for the clock, any liquid duct (TE, enderIO, buildcraft, ...) can pull the liquid metal out of the drain

bear2022

Jul 24, 2014

I'm planing on using the computer to make different types of alloys for advanced tools. Like aluminum brass and malnayium. Sorry for spelling errors.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I don't use computercraft, but I'm imagining what Dire might do. I'm picturing a big monitor with buttons that let you select the material & the tool, & the computer puts the materials in the smeltery, waits for the alloy to form, then casts all the parts you need.

Jakalth

Jul 29, 2019
Or simply have it auto export from the smeltery strait into an ME fluid import bus, using a fluid pipe of some type. It's completely possible to auto craft alloys this way, using the ME fluid crafting mechanic. Exporting could be done strait into a casting table, or into a tank to cast it later.

As for computercraft... Wish I was better with it... but one way would be to have an array of tanks to hold each of the base fluids used for making alloys(pre-smelted). Have the computer hooked up to each tank via (comparator or BC gate set to fluid mode) so you can get a redstone signal strength letting you know how much is in each tank. Then just have some way to tell each tank to release a set amount of fluid into a small smelter(no lava needed in this smelter) and voala. Alloys on demand? Not sure if it would even work though...

bear2022

Jul 24, 2014
im using the direwolf20 1.7.10 pack and i dont think it has the liquid AE pack.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Computercraft? Dude, you can just use AE2.

ME Controller with a recipe for the ingots making the alloy hooked up to a hopper that feeds into the Smeltery Controller, pressurized fluid conduit set to always on and having the filtering set to only allow alloys to enter going to the ingot cast/basin, with the hopper underneath it having item conduit feeding back to the controller.

Alloy crafting on demand. You can use an interface facing a storage bus trick to keep a certain amount always in stock, but it shouldn't be necessary.