Tinker's Construct - Auto Repair mechanics?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I need some hard facts on the moss-induced auto repair of my hammer.
1. Do the three possible levels scale linearly?
2. How much difference does light make?
3. Does it have to be sunlight?
4. Is the repair amount a percentage of durability, or a flat rate?
5. Is there a way to let the auto repair work while I am not holding the weapon?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
They stack linearly, yes. Also, it doesn't stop at 3. You can have as much moss on your tool as you want.

Light doubles the speed at which it repairs.

Yes.

A percent.

It auto-repairs even if you're not holding it.

I may be wrong on the 4th question. My paper rapier has one piece of moss on it, and it repairs incredibly fast, while my hammer takes a lot longer to repair with moss.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
But can I set it on a tool rack, or in a dynamism tablet, or even a chest, and have it still repair?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure, but it should work. Try making a paper excavator or something with 11 pieces of moss to see if it repairs.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
They stack linearly, yes. Also, it doesn't stop at 3. You can have as much moss on your tool as you want.

Light doubles the speed at which it repairs.

Yes.

A percent.

It auto-repairs even if you're not holding it.

I may be wrong on the 4th question. My paper rapier has one piece of moss on it, and it repairs incredibly fast, while my hammer takes a lot longer to repair with moss.

The speed at which they repair is x2 if you are walking, from my earlier experiment.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
ancient post revival!
is there a consensus on status of tools on chests or tool racks? do they get repaired?
From my knowledge of Tinkers Construct, no. It has to be in your hotbar. I've had a mossy iron pick in one of my chests for several days, and it has not regained any durability.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
From my knowledge of Tinkers Construct, no. It has to be in your hotbar. I've had a mossy iron pick in one of my chests for several days, and it has not regained any durability.
It doesn't have to be in your hotbar, repair works anywhere in your inventory. I can't speak for a pick in a chest or on a shelf.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
ancient post revival!
is there a consensus on status of tools on chests or tool racks? do they get repaired?
I respect someone who declares they are about to summon the dead.

PS I always prefer opening an old thread to starting up a new one; makes it easier for folks to search for specific information and hopefully not get a bunch of conflicting threads.

I can't get by the early-game with just Repair on a hammer; I use it too much. Flux or battery for me. Gotta be able to recharge it on demand. Excavator, lumber axe and pretty much anything else on the other hand are fine with Repair.