Tinkers' Construct Armour

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
i'm using cutlass with +12 attack damage. +20% from 4 diamonds make that 14,4 attack damage. alternatively i could use 2 quartz blocks that would make that 14 damage. so from my understanding diamonds are better.

does anyone know if diamonds affect damage from fire aspect, smite etc.?

The %damage only affect your base attack
It applies to the attack before smite/bane/sharpness

In your case, it might still be a good idea to use diamonds, but on a fresh armor, quartz will give you more

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
In your case, it might still be a good idea to use diamonds, but on a fresh armor, quartz will give you more
i really don't get why.

let's make some math just for the sake of it:
1 full quartz armour. 1 quartz upgrade takes 5 slots and grants + damage. thus:
1(fist damage)+13(my weapon damage)+6*4=38 damge/hit
2 full diamond armor. 1 diamond takes 3 slots and grand +5% damage.
i assume bonuses from each piece adds up into +200% then:
(1+13)*(1+0,5*4)=42 damage/hit

if the weapon's damage is 11 then full quartz and full diamond result in 36 damage total.
in conclusion it better to go full diamond if your weapon has more damage than 11 and full quartz if otherwise.

Last edited:

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Awww I thought cobalt was superior in things that mattered and Manyullyn just had way higher durability =(
Manyullyn has higher damage/durability. Cobalt is faster. For tools, if you have flux/moss, cobalt is superior.

For all weapons you should be manyullyn heads.[DOUBLEPOST=1405528491][/DOUBLEPOST]
i really don't get why.

2 full diamond armor. 1 diamond takes 3 slots and grand +5 damage.

if the weapon's damage is 11 then full quartz and full diamond result in 36 damage total.
in conclusion it better to go full diamond if your weapon has more damage than 11 and full quartz if otherwise.
Well, it'd be more to get modifiers similar to current armour enchants. Just like efficiency = haste, reinforced = unbreaking.

Things like protection, projectile projection, blast protection, fire protection, feather falling, etc. Perhaps a flight modifier. I would be totally interested in seeing an IT/TinkT armour levelling scheme in BnB. Being able to progress your armour by adding new, better parts... That sounds like a lot of fun, rather than wearing your current suit out, then making a new one.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
i really don't get why.

2 full diamond armor. 1 diamond takes 3 slots and grand +5 damage.

In bold is where you are wrong.
Your base weapon, if manythingydoodler, would be (1+6)*3 then +5 giving you 26
For the first one, it would go 1+6+6*4+5

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Things like protection, projectile projection, blast protection, fire protection, feather falling, etc. Perhaps a flight modifier. I would be totally interested in seeing an IT/TinkT armour levelling scheme in BnB. Being able to progress your armour by adding new, better parts... That sounds like a lot of fun, rather than wearing your current suit out, then making a new one.
sounds good. what i'd personally like is ability to at least repair the bloody thing, not even talking about moss or flux mod and it does need those.
while offensive capability is great it's kinda overkill in most scenarios, but when it comes defense it's nothing out of the ordinary but somewhat low durability for it's cost kinda makes it a rather poor choice as an armour that' supposed to protect you...

Your base weapon, if manythingydoodler, would be (1+6)*3 then +5 giving you 26
if you're to calculate numbers in hearts instead of damage it would be (0.5+6.5)*3=21 hearts, which is the same as 42 points of damage.
0.5 and 6.5 are 1(fist) and 13(weapon) respectively as damage in hearts.
i'd like to know where does that 5 comes from.

For the first one, it would go 1+6+6*4+5
this is for full quartz right?
in this formula you add hearts to damage and which gives you wrong impression of damage. if i'm to correct your formula it would be
1+6+3*4. i still have no idea what's that 5 supposed to be.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I might get shot for suggesting this. Weight modifiers. Manyll armour is higher durability/armour but heavier than cobalt.

You can make leather armour with enough defense modifiers to outweigh not having metal. Similar to MPS force field vs. armour plates.