Tinker's, can't add modifier to sword

T

t3x

Hi everyone, I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I made a sword with a bone handle, manyullym blade and wide guard.

Now that the sword is done it says modifier 1.

However I can't add anything to it, quartz or a ball of moss, nothing works. I've seen on some videos that for some people it says modifier remaining 1. However mine just says modifier 1.

It should let me add something shouldn't it?
minecraft.jpg

Thanks for any help.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Its no longer simply a ball of moss that you add - it has to be turned into Mending Moss; you right-click on a bookshelf with the ball of moss and 10 levels of XP to turn it into Mending Moss, which you can then add to your sword.

EDIT: Not sure why you can't add the quartz though - that's a mystery...

T

t3x

GamerwithnoGame, you are the best thank you so much that did work, it turned into mending moss. I've been looking at so many tutorials on youtube but I guess they might have been a little too old. Is this a new version of Tinker's?

Regarding the Quartz I will try and find what I am doing wrong and post a picture. But the moss is what I really needed, thank you again.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
GamerwithnoGame, you are the best thank you so much that did work, it turned into mending moss. I've been looking at so many tutorials on youtube but I guess they might have been a little too old. Is this a new version of Tinker's?

Regarding the Quartz I will try and find what I am doing wrong and post a picture. But the moss is what I really needed, thank you again.
You're welcome! :) glad I could help! And yes, this is Tinkers Construct 2; there are a fair few differences. Including, interestingly enough, a Tinkers Tank - a whole new multiblock for storing molten liquids!

Reactions: ICountFrom0
S

Satrazzi

Hey guys, I'm playing FTB Beyond, and I'm not sure whats happening. I figured since this was fairly recently, and its about the moss I'd try here. I'm right clicking with moss on a bookshelf, and it wont turn into mending moss. Do I need more bookshelves? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Cheers in advance!

moss.jpg

[edit, I solved it]
I'll leave this here for anyone else in beyond. I made another bookshelf that was out of oak, and it read simply "bookshelf" not "spruce bookshelf". That was the difference. So to anyone out there, make sure it simply says "bookshelf".

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame