Tinker Construct Arrow's flight

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Is it intentional that tinker construct arrows spin during flight? As in spin horizontally? You can see this if you fire the arrow quickly and not fully charged. It looks rather silly to me. Yet vanilla minecraft arrows travel perfectly straight. The arrow I made was one of flint, wood and a feather. The bow was just wood and string.

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know if its intentional but it does even more for heavy arrows, i made some manyulium head, cactus shaft, feather fletched arrows and they would do at least two revolutions before landing

Come work for the CobbleCo

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
This is definitely intended as real arrows do spin, too. That's what the feathers are for. The spin stabilizes the flight of the arrow, so you can shoot longer distances and more precise.

cobhalla

Jul 29, 2019
This is definitely intended as real arrows do spin, too. That's what the feathers are for. The spin stabilizes the flight of the arrow, so you can shoot longer distances and more precise.

But does it make sense for them to spin horizontally instead of rolling...

Come work for the CobbleCo

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think MDyio's focus is in making the tools look good, I mean upgrade any of the actual tools they are goofy clown tools that are lucky that they work awesomely.
Maybe in the future the arrows will look less spazzy I don't think it's intentional.
The TiC arrows are also flatter then regular arrows too, they look like item entities.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019

real arrows keep their arrow head pointing forward the entire time. These arrows from tinker's like to rotate and point the arrow head in every direction.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
real arrows keep their arrow head pointing forward the entire time. These arrows from tinker's like to rotate and point the arrow head in every direction.
Other than that

Are they functioning as intended? Are they piercing the target and causing death? If so, Good. Let's all kill things.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Other than that

Are they functioning as intended? Are they piercing the target and causing death? If so, Good. Let's all kill things.

Yes it damages the mobs but it makes aiming with them confusing when you see your arrows do that.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
It's called leading your shoot. If the first arrow missed you adjust, so you watch the arrow fly to see if it hits the mob or not. Yet having the arrow spin like a frisbee is confusing because arrows don't do that.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Come on man... really? it's just graphical. Adjust for it, It's not that hard.

My last post was half joking, because I thought you were.

Reactions: Padfoote

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It's called leading your shoot. If the first arrow missed you adjust, so you watch the arrow fly to see if it hits the mob or not. Yet having the arrow spin like a frisbee is confusing because arrows don't do that.
Sounds like you may need a different weapon, if this is actually enough to screw you up.
I suggest a SPAMR Launcher from MFR at this point.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you may need a different weapon, if this is actually enough to screw you up.
I suggest a SPAMR Launcher from MFR at this point.

It just confuses me because arrows do not do that. I also like to snipe at mobs from great distances! I'm just wondering if this is intentional or a bug.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It just confuses me because arrows do not do that. I also like to snipe at mobs from great distances! I'm just wondering if this is intentional or a bug.
It's not a bug, it's clearly a "Feature"!

But seriously, if you love to snipe things, maybe a needlegun would be better. It aims straighter and hits about as hard as a normal bow, but can use special ammo too. Including one that just shoots anvils at your foes.