Timed Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing in sp and have a question which should be easy. Let's say I'm making a wither boss grinder. I need a way to set a timer so the autonomous activator and block placers to do their thing without spawning withers faster then the draconic mob grinder can charge. If I set this up now I can already tell I'd have a mess.

Basically what type of item am I looking for so Redstone power is on a timed schedule?

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
if you are on infinity pack i suggest you go for the rftools timer. i usualy go with about 25 seconds beetween kills

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately I'm not, and the pack I'm playing doesn't have rftools :/

Thanks though. I'll keep this in mind for future reference.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
you can use a vanilla hopper clock
a computer craft script
project red also has a timer

probably more things that I missed

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Have an energy cell coupled into the grinder.
Fully charge the grinder, then start charging the cell.
Redstone wired up to the cell, emit a signal when you have 20kRF charged- allowing you to spawn a Wither only when you have sufficient power.​
Next set something to detect the Nether Star as its piped out the grinder.
This way your system knows when the Wither is withered, thus prevents multiple Withers from withering your Wither-withering machine :D

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The bibliocraft clock can be set to emit a redstone signal at various intervals. You need to right click with an empty hand to open the interface. You can also mess with the chime & the ticking.