time out on Server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
S

Schmetterfliege

Title time out on Server

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Revelation

Modpack version 1.1.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Hey Guys,

so I'm playing this modpack on my laptop while being at my girlfriends home.
I wanted to set up a Server on my pc at home.
I used the FTB Launcher to create the server, and it's running.
I (think) I opened the 25565 port.
-> Horizon Router, can only open ports to internal IP's. I think I got it right.

From my home pc, I can log in to the server and play.
So I set up a hamachi network, added the Server on my laptop and found it.
When trying to connect to it, the server console says "Attempting connection with missing mods [bedpatch] at CLIENT".
It still continues to log me in, but 10 seconds after I'm in the game, i get timed out.

On my laptop I'm using the twitch launcher, where I also downloaded the mod pack.
Can anyone help with this?
Or just send me a quick guide to set up this whole thing so I can play this modpack on a Server that's hosted on my PC at home?

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I (think) I opened the 25565 port.
-> Horizon Router, can only open ports to internal IP's. I think I got it right.

So I set up a hamachi network, added the Server on my laptop and found it.

If you use portforward from your public ip -> the machine that host the server, hamachi is not needed - only cause issues.

When trying to connect to it, the server console says "Attempting connection with missing mods [bedpatch] at CLIENT".
Make sure you are on the same version of the pack on the client as you are on the server.