Windows .exe Tier 5 Blaze shard mobs instantly despawning

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARustySpork

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using the direwolf20 mod pack and created the same type of blaze farm that he has. I've had it running for quite a while trying to fill a barrel and to keep a steam boiler fueled. I just now noticed that the blazes are not spawning correctly. the moment they spawn they instantly despawn and its the same for my wither skeleton farm. Ive tried logging out and restarting my computer but nothing has worked so far.

ARustySpork

Jul 29, 2019
No I was on easy even tried changing the difficulty with no luck but i just finished re-downloading the pack and it is working fine again. I don't know what happened.

SebWhittle

Jul 29, 2019
Initially, that was the case with Soul Shards mobs, they would de-spawn after you exceeded the 16 + block distance from them, like Vanilla mobs, but Eloraam requested they don't de-spawn so automatic mob farms could function with the user away, provided the chunks were loaded in the first place. Shadow Dragon made the change, but I must confess, I found the mobs de-spawning regardless. Granted, it only happened when there were excessive amounts of that mob in a fairly small area (we were having problems trying to turn the spawner off, someone on the server neglected to make a wireless redstone transmitter to change its state more easily), but we found that once anyone nearby the spawner logged off, the mobs de-spawned.[DOUBLEPOST=1362069760][/DOUBLEPOST]Rethinking my post, I remember the area chunkloaded via spot loader for that spawner we had was off to the side for the portal-gun portal, (we were experimenting with stopping us from getting trapped in the blocks.), so the mobs de-spawning might have been because the contained area they were trapped in when we disconnected wasn't loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.