[Tic Tweaks/Tinker's Construct] Molten Obsidian/Diamonds

komodo10

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing in the epiccraft ftb pack and I was wondering how to get diamonds in the pack since you need a diamond level pickaxe to mine diamonds. The only pickaxe heads that have diamond mining level are alumite and obisidian. I looked up about making molten obsidian and apparently you can make it using lava and water.
My question is: Is there any other way to get a diamond level pickaxe and if not how do you make molten obsidian using lava and water.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried putting a diamond on it?
He's trying to get diamonds, I'm guessing he doesn't have that option.

IIRC, I think you can level up tools in Iguana's Tweaks by using mob heads or by gaining a lot of experience with the tool, allowing them to mine at the next mining level up

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
As someone mentioned earlier, you might need either mob heads, or there's likely a bug... AFAIK, bronze picks should let you mine diamonds, and diamonds on a pick would let you mine obsidian, which in turn opens the way to alumite, ardite and cobalt, in that order.

komodo10

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try leveling up my pick one more time but if that doesn't work I'll probably change the mining level of bronze in the config.

komodo10

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah leveling it up didn't seem to work so I just changed the level of bronze to be able to mine diamonds.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Try an enderman head

You might want to cheat it in :p

Otherwise, put water in a tank and pipe it in the smeltery, same for lava, will get obsidian

komodo10

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just changed the mining level of bronze to mine diamond. But bow I've run into the same problem with cobalt or ardite. Would an ender man head still work or do I need a different head? And yes I knew about the head but I felt like there should be a better way to upgrade my pick especially in a pack like epic craft where fighting an ender man is a lot more dangerous.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just changed the mining level of bronze to mine diamond. But bow I've run into the same problem with cobalt or ardite. Would an ender man head still work or do I need a different head? And yes I knew about the head but I felt like there should be a better way to upgrade my pick especially in a pack like epic craft where fighting an ender man is a lot more dangerous.
it's wither skel head that's needed
and normally you should be able to upgrade it by xp, depends on config