Thoughts on Biomes O plenty?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
how do you turn off specific biomes? i can't find it.. but thank you every body for all the info <3

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Any biome-specific ores will appear in multiple biomes, including vanilla biomes. If you turned on BoP and disabled literally every single BoP biome, you would still be able to get everything.

In order to disable a biome, open your FTB folder, open unleashed > Minecraft > CONFIG. In the config folder, find the "biomesoplenty" folder, open it, and then open up the "main.cfg" file. There's a handful of settings you can tweak, and "biomes to generate" is the one you're looking for to turn on/off stuff.

I really like BoP. I feel like even though a lot of the biomes are kinda repeats or not really build-in-able, it makes it a LOT more fun to crank up the speed on a jetpack and fly around the world looking for bees, ravines, exposed ores, villages, etc.. I spend a lot of time exploring my worlds, and whenever I've genned a world without BoP or some other biomes mod in it, the world feels very empty to me. I'm personally fond of the "sacred springs" biome, because I like the deep, rich green of the grass and leaves (and I also like seeing cliffs with waterfalls from my base windows). Jade hills are also pretty nice, but really, I say you do the following if you're still a bit unsure about how to get into BoP:

1) Generate a creative world with BoP on it. leave everything turned on.
2) Cheat in Power armor or a jetpack or something to increase your fly speed.
3) Fly around the world and look at cool stuff.
4) When you see a biome you think looks dumb or useless or you just don't want, enter De-bug mode (f3 is default), take note of the biome's name, and disable it the next time you're logged out.
5) Similarly, take note of any biomes you think look good for base building. In particular, take note of what they look like on a minimap so you can keep an eye open for them for when you're actually getting ready to build a base.

Alternatively, just creating and deleting worlds over and over until you find one with a spawn you like is another tried-and true method.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Any biome-specific ores will appear in multiple biomes, including vanilla biomes. If you turned on BoP and disabled literally every single BoP biome, you would still be able to get everything.

In order to disable a biome, open your FTB folder, open unleashed > Minecraft > CONFIG. In the config folder, find the "biomesoplenty" folder, open it, and then open up the "main.cfg" file. There's a handful of settings you can tweak, and "biomes to generate" is the one you're looking for to turn on/off stuff.

I really like BoP. I feel like even though a lot of the biomes are kinda repeats or not really build-in-able, it makes it a LOT more fun to crank up the speed on a jetpack and fly around the world looking for bees, ravines, exposed ores, villages, etc.. I spend a lot of time exploring my worlds, and whenever I've genned a world without BoP or some other biomes mod in it, the world feels very empty to me. I'm personally fond of the "sacred springs" biome, because I like the deep, rich green of the grass and leaves (and I also like seeing cliffs with waterfalls from my base windows). Jade hills are also pretty nice, but really, I say you do the following if you're still a bit unsure about how to get into BoP:

1) Generate a creative world with BoP on it. leave everything turned on.
2) Cheat in Power armor or a jetpack or something to increase your fly speed.
3) Fly around the world and look at cool stuff.
4) When you see a biome you think looks dumb or useless or you just don't want, enter De-bug mode (f3 is default), take note of the biome's name, and disable it the next time you're logged out.
5) Similarly, take note of any biomes you think look good for base building. In particular, take note of what they look like on a minimap so you can keep an eye open for them for when you're actually getting ready to build a base.

Alternatively, just creating and deleting worlds over and over until you find one with a spawn you like is another tried-and true method.
wow i will do that exact thing wow thank you so much <33333333333