This is getting ridiculous.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CarbonX

Jul 29, 2019
1000m from spawn in every direction., and still not a single desert. Seriously, the extrabiomes should't outnumber the vanilla biomes 100000:1. at this point, I may have to delete the world, as I am strictly against cheating anything in. Is anybody else here having the same problem?

EDIT: Found a desert, still ridiculously far from spawn...

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
Why do you need it? sand or cacti? Sand can be grinded from cobblestone, as for cacti, ya i think you need a desert to get some. But there are other ways to get Pipe Waterproof, if thats what you need. But no, havn't had the same problem

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you mean, one of the reasons I dropped EBXL and changed to Biomes O' plenty, it seems to have beter biome generation, at least from experience, I've not seen it difficult to find any one resource.

It still has a little difficulty with Aura Nodes unfortunately, but its not that bad.
Plus the Biomes are sooo much nicer than EBXL and more varied (Rather than 500 snow biomes and 300 Redwood biomes spammed all over. :p) I would really recommend it.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
i've had to travel far from spawn to find a desert before, but I honestly never stay at spawn anyways so its not an issue. 1,000 blocks really isn't that much. i've traveled 2000 blocks in one minecraft day right after spawn until i found a location i liked. plus it allows you to explore. FTB has so much to find!

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
if you can quantify those comparrisons (and give examples of what looks 'better') I think sk would love to get a message about it.
and, pointedly, I'd love the better product that would result from those improvements

As I said in my posts, that's from personal experience so far, but I guess I could try to make some actual in-depth comparisons if it may help better either mod.
Any other points you think would help in this?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Interesting, that Biome's O plenty looks a lot better with it's biome and tree designs, especially with less leaves, smaller trees and better designs - all should mean less lag.

Think I'll give it a trial and see what the world looks like.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, EBXL can be annoying at times mainly due to the similar biomes it adds and the size of them. Four to five biomes with redwoods, 3-4 with snow etc BUT if you tinker with the config file a bit, wonders can happen. I've disabled a bunch of them and now I get a lot better generations for my taste.

In any case though, Scott is working on the new version of the mod which will be a lot easier to configure and with more options and less lag.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I haven't got a normal desert, but I spawned in a mountainous desert.
Guess its just luck of the draw.​
Same problem in my old world- but with a bit of initiative you can find a workaround for anything desert based.
The only thing missing is desert bees, but I'm not too concerned about free gunpowder/glowstone/uranium.​

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
BoP does give more interesting biomes, but breaks village generation (I think).

Sounds like though that the author is going to abandon the mod though, and pass the info over to the EXBL team

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
when you say 1,000 blocks in every direction, do you mean every direction? or just the points of the compass?

I wanted to go looking for a mountain ridge, so I set off in one direction, hunting around, often flying (I had my gravisuit chestplate), using the expanded map to look for the tell tale sign, I went over 2,000 blocks before I finally found one.

Then a bit later on, I went only a short distance in a slightly different direction to pretty much find one next door to my base.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Then a bit later on, I went only a short distance in a slightly different direction to pretty much find one next door to my base.
Hehe that's happened to me before, I was looking for a desert and set off straight in front of my base for a good thousands of blocks. When I got back, I found one just behind my mountain :p