This is a bug with Tinkers' Construct, right??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sedwert

Jul 29, 2019
I have a sword with the Unbreakable modifier (5 reinforced modifiers,) but my sword still uses durability and breaks. (The sword will do no damage, has the "Broken" tag, but doesn't display the sprite as broken)

http://imgur.com/a/WZ9ma

I've already repaired the sword, and it's manyullyn , so I don't feel like whacking things for a few hours before it breaks again to show you guys what it looks like when it does lose all it's durability, so I made a post showing what happens after one night of mob hunting

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Did you make it with paper and then replace parts? I think if you don't have available modifiers to move the upgrades to, you loose them when you replace the paper. Never mind, I see from your screenshots you are leveling up and it still claims to be unbreakable... Weird. I got nothin', sorry.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
There's a long-standing bug where manyullyn's "insatiable" trait bypasses the unbreakable check and continues to use durability.

So just don't use a manyullyn sword blade

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Or, add rotarycraft and make a single part of your sword out of bedrock

"Effective Durability: Infinite"