Third Party Pack System Closed

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It is with great regret that I am announcing that the third party modpack system is closing.

I started it over five years ago as a way for independent pack creators to host their packs on a system that made it easy for players to install, update and play them, all in a way that respected the mod authors. Since then there have been a lot changes in the modded minecraft ecosystem. Most notably, curseforge and the twitch app serve as an extremely robust hosting and distribution platform that has, for the most part, rendered our third party system obsolete.

Starting as of the posting of this thread, we won't be accepting any new packs, and will only upload updates in special circumstances. All existing packs will remain on the launcher until further notice. We are happy to help you move your existing packs over to curseforge.

Feel free to message me directly, either here on the forum or through our discord server if you need to upload one last update, or if you need help moving your pack.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you so much for all your hard work! I've had a great experience with a number of wonderful packs that have been on the third party area, I can honestly say my love of modded Minecraft wouldn't have been the same without it.

Reactions: rhn and SolManX

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Exactly my experience. I'd almost given up on vanilla but started JadedCat's Agrarian Skies on FTB and hey, still playing years later!
Same! :) Playing Agrarian Skies was what really got me into it, and likewise I'm still here!

BLSK

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all... know 2 years later as I did loose real access to a pc years ago and well... recently gone it back... is it possible to get a Copy of the Modpack I made?
I really would like to continue my endeavors now that I can... Can I hope the packs weren't just fully deleted? A little worried about the answer but yeah... figure I would ask..