Thinking about setting up a 1.10 pack for myself, not sure though

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Going back a ways, my hilarious accidental exploit with MysticalAgriculture and Agricraft is actually pretty annoying. It doesn't just fill up empty single crops, it breaks double crops, meaning I can't produce mutations, like at all.

Good news is, I can config it out.
Bad news is, I have to config out each plant individually in their JSON file in the agricraft configs XD

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Going back a ways, my hilarious accidental exploit with MysticalAgriculture and Agricraft is actually pretty annoying. It doesn't just fill up empty single crops, it breaks double crops, meaning I can't produce mutations, like at all.

Good news is, I can config it out.
Bad news is, I have to config out each plant individually in their JSON file in the agricraft configs XD
or update Agricraft the latest version fixed this

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So yeah, as I may have mumbled previously i'm going with some IC2 stuff this playthrough.

I'm looking at the recipes for ultimate solar panels and it looks like the normal recipe for reinforced iridium plates has been disabled and replaced with the techreborn one...which involves a multiblock machine which is currently broken. WTF is this nonsense?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So yeah, as I may have mumbled previously i'm going with some IC2 stuff this playthrough.

I'm looking at the recipes for ultimate solar panels and it looks like the normal recipe for reinforced iridium plates has been disabled and replaced with the techreborn one...which involves a multiblock machine which is currently broken. WTF is this nonsense?
I'm not caught up on the thread so sorry if this is a dumb question, but: does IC2 really add a lot that isn't covered by TechReborn and other mods in your arsenal?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It's kind of missing the middle step reactor, between the Semi-fluid Generator and the Fusion Reactors. Though since it can run in RF mode, it's not such an issue.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Honestly, crap like that has been one of a few issues keeping me from enjoying IC2. Since I started playing modded Minecraft (1.6.4 Monster), I have yet to have a playthrough where I dabbled in IC2 without finding missing or otherwise broken recipes. Seriously, your mod has been around since the dawn of time - get your shit together. Worse is when other mods (Modular Power Suit comes to mind) use components from IC2, which can no longer be made because IC2 hasn't been polished to a level beyond what I consider perpetual beta. It's a serious turnoff to someone who is intrigued enough to look at the mod, but not masochistic enough to plow through the mess they find within.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm not caught up on the thread so sorry if this is a dumb question, but: does IC2 really add a lot that isn't covered by TechReborn and other mods in your arsenal?

Well it certainly adds a recipe override for a machine that doesn't work.
Honestly, crap like that has been one of a few issues keeping me from enjoying IC2. Since I started playing modded Minecraft (1.6.4 Monster), I have yet to have a playthrough where I dabbled in IC2 without finding missing or otherwise broken recipes. Seriously, your mod has been around since the dawn of time - get your shit together. Worse is when other mods (Modular Power Suit comes to mind) use components from IC2, which can no longer be made because IC2 hasn't been polished to a level beyond what I consider perpetual beta. It's a serious turnoff to someone who is intrigued enough to look at the mod, but not masochistic enough to plow through the mess they find within.

If we're being technical, this isn't IC2's fault. The disabled recipe is from the Advanced Solars add-on, and what it's been replaced by is a way of making them through a machine from TechReborn. Only that machine (the implosion compressor...which looks p.cool as you use TNT to compress stuff) doesn't work, it's a multiblock that just doesn't form.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ummm... what do you mean? As far as I can tell, there's not a formation for them, they don't connected texture, so there's no indication unless you plonk down the machine and give it a test.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ummm... what do you mean? As far as I can tell, there's not a formation for them, they don't connected texture, so there's no indication unless you plonk down the machine and give it a test.

Yep, which is why I plonked the main block on top of the structure as it's supposedly meant to be and it still says "Incomplete Multiblock" in the GUI.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Huh.... I'll have to keep that in mind. I'd test it, but Minecraft wants to 'download native launcher', and I haven't got the internet for that kind of nonsense, at least not during the day.

Ah, you need to make it entirely from Reinforced Casings. Then it stops complaining. Though it's apparently supposed to work anyway, according to the bug reports Google finds.

Last edited: