Thermalexpansion to quarry?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Please be more specific.
Don't know exactly what you want.
Item transport pipes, conductive pipes, redstone energy conduits, enderchests pretty much any remotely related mod will connect with it.
Bit individual machines will be on a case by case basis. But I'd think most if not all of them will.

jschreck

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the thing, I dont care how.. I want to connect my magma engines power to a quarry. Simple as that... How is it done.. What combination, what filters, what adapters?

jschreck

Jul 29, 2019
hmm... maybe thats the thing... I hooked them up with gold conductive pipes from the magma.. it appeared to hook up but no power flow. I tried the redstone conduits.. they wont even connect.. tried a tesseract right next to one... tryed a energy cube. Just cant get the damn thing to activate. I will whatch your viedos...

jschreck

Jul 29, 2019
Does not look like the applied energistics is part of mindcraft. Any other suggestions?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Magma engines. Use conductive pipes. The magma engines go into wood conductive thin into stone or gold ones ones.The wood is a necessary linkage.
Though I prefer redstone energy conduits. Remember you need the engines facing the conduits the smaller square end. And make sure the arrows are pointed in the right direction. A right click from a Omniwrench should do. Tesseracts Need pipe connecting from it to the quarry. Remember to set the pair to the same frequency.

Micmager

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I don't know who taught most of you English but I'll rectify this situation. Powering a quarry using Magmatic Engines is very simple. Simply place your quarry and engines where you want them to be, if the engines are not connected to your quarry then run redstone energy conduits from the engines to the quarry. If you would like to be more efficient use a redstone energy cell. If your problem is that no energy is flowing from the cell to the quarry make sure that you've set it to output and not input. This can be seen by looking at the connection between conduit and cell. If you have a blue triangle on the connection right click it with a BC wrench or a Crescent Hammer and it should turn from blue to orange and be pointing the opposite direction. Also be sure that you're not feeding your quarry more than 10mj/t as that is currently the most efficient amount of energy the quarry will make use of.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
Also be sure that you're not feeding your quarry more than 10mj/t as that is currently the most efficient amount of energy the quarry will make use of.

I was under the impression that the max MJ/t was much higher than 10, I know that I have personally seen a much higher speed using a redstone energy cell. I have been reading that the cap is closer to 50 MJ/t, but I haven't been able to validate that number.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Just because something can use more energy, doesn't mean it's more efficient (energy consumption per block). So, while the Quarry might be able to use more energy, it doesn't mean it will use it effectively.

TomT

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand the idea of Energy consumption per block. Can you explain that?

If the cap for power consumption is 50 MT/t, at which point does it become inefficient to run it at that speed? For example, if 10 MT/t = 1 block per tick, and 50 MJ/T = 5 blocks per tick, where is the loss of efficiency? I use the same amount of power to mine the same amount of blocks, right?

DigRave

Jul 29, 2019
From the BuildCraft Wiki:
At the minimum energy usage it moves 0.11002blocks/tick (9.089ticks/block) therefore using an average of 6.6012MJ/t (60MJ/block*0.11002blocks/t). Total power used is therefore the sum of the power used moving, and power used breaking blocks an is ~9MJ/t (2+6.6). Maximum energy usage uses 32MJ/t equating to a speed of 0.26m/t (26cm/tick). Average power usage per tick for the head to break blocks at max speed is therefore 15.6MJ/t (0.26blocks/t*60MJ/block), giving a maximum total usage of ~48MJ/t (32+15.6).

So your answer is 48MJ/t, assuming the wiki is correct. It doesn't seem like adding any more MJ will help at all.

Wish I read this sooner. I've been running my quarries at 70MJ/t

Edit: I tried it out in a test world. The maximum is definitely 50MJ/t. 50 will run at the same speed as 100. 49 will run slower.

Reactions: TomT

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure I understand the idea of Energy consumption per block. Can you explain that?

It's the amount of energy consumed per block mined. At about 8MJ/tick the quarry uses the 'least' energy per block mined, but it's not very fast. At 50 mj/t it runs at it's fastest, but is rather inefficient. So it depends on what you want; efficiency or speed.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
thats way to easy have you never seen a nether lava plant, & now with TE tesseracts its so easy to setup no longer needs timers, & yes I know timers are not bugged but they have some issues, pity ppl rushed Elo I would have loved a fully working bug free PR but she was put under huge pressure to get a version out..

PS: dont forget about emerald pipes there like t2 wooden pipes.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about you guys, but I've got a pretty good thermal expansion set up using tesseracts (IMO)
it's using the energy tesseracts, yes they lose 25% of the MJ you send through them, but the convenience well makes up for it

In my base I've got a bank of engines, currently magmatic soon to be steam, which leads into a redstone energy conduit to the energy tesseract on this side

Then at my quarry, it sits on an energy tesseract, and then outputs into a diamond pipe, which voids dirt cobble and gravel, and the rest goes into my sorting system. Every time I move my quarry, it's just 5 blocks and then the landmarks.

Disrupter52

Jul 29, 2019
I have a maximum sized quarry powered by 2 magma engines getting lava from the nether via enderchest/transposers. The engines connect directly to the quarry via redstone energy conduits. they never overheat. my quarry runs 24/7 as long as the server is up.