ThermalExpansion and BuildCraft gates

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

iDosmot

Jul 29, 2019
Don't played with TE long time, today i tryed to use structure pipes from BuildCraft and gates, and it seems to not work with TE. Like: i want to disable engines, when REC full, but there is only 2 conditions on gate, redstone signal on/off. Am i doing something wrong?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
They don't work anymore. Try using a vanilla comparator on the cell instead. IIRC it will emit a redstone signal when the cell is full

Reactions: iDosmot

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
right now King Lemming removed BC gate functions on TE3 it may change in the future with the new gates added to BC but who knows... comparator automation on the REC will work and rednet from MFR may also probably work..

Reactions: iDosmot

iDosmot

Jul 29, 2019
They don't work anymore. Try using a vanilla comparator on the cell instead. IIRC it will emit a redstone signal when the cell is full
right now King Lemming removed BC gate functions on TE3 it may change in the future with the new gates added to BC but who knows... comparator automation on the REC will work and rednet from MFR may also probably work..
Aww, so sad. Anyway, thanks you for answers!

SlightlyVisible

Jul 29, 2019
KL wrote this in a post directed at SandG
Gates as a concept are quite brilliant. Unfortunately, the way that new gate conditionals are handled is...less so. Static ID values? We've moved beyond that. Check the Forge Fluid System for how to handle ID synchronization and ID-independent NBT-saving.

So, you're on the team - please add this and I'll see about adding some gate functionality back into TE. :) As it sits, I don't want to deal with yet another potential range of conflicts.

SandG replied with this

There has already been a few versions with support for both string tags and static ids so that players can convert their saves. In BuildCraft 5 the support for the static IDs will be gone. The support for legacy ids are actually already gone in the version that are demonstrated in the video above.

Sounds like TE support could happen? Maybe ?
Source

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Well the Team CoFH will be able to add it since KL became too busy perhaps that he had to leave the scene who knows