Thermal Expanson Restricted mode

Cata3rd

Jul 29, 2019
On the tesseracts in thermal expansion for 1.6.x there is the privacy setting labeled as Restricted. From what I've heard this is basically a freindslist kind of thing. does anybody know how to use it?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I know there's a command that opens up a friend list you can add people to, but I forget what it is. I think DireWolf20 brings it up in one of his new single-player LP series (but again I forget which episode).

nitezaw

Jul 29, 2019
I think the commands for friends is
/cofh friend gui
This brings up a GUI for adding friends

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Yup, tried it and it works #1, only problem is I fear for server admins and such it will be a pain for the strongbox (like a chest that is a personal safe where you can hide anything you want) and even someone that has the OP status cannot open the strongbox if set to private or restricted unless he's on the friendlist thingy, tried this multiple times already with my brother, I wonder what can server admins do about it if they think someone hide some precious cheated/griefer items in a strongbox...

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Server person should be able to edit the configs to allow them access...let me check

in COFHCore.cfg

security {
# Enable this to allow for Server Ops to access 'secure' blocks. Your players will be warned upon server connection. (Default: false)
B:OpsCanAccessSecureBlocks=false

# Enable this to be warned about Ops having access to 'secure' blocks when connecting to a server. (Default: true)
B:OpsCanAccessSecureBlocksWarning=true
}

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Wow, nice to know that some modders really take care about this kind of issue, nice touch to add this option I guess it will be really appreciated by many server owners once they figure this out, I'm quite sure can't remember in which mod but there was a serious problem regarding some bags also, I'm not sure but I think it was Equivalent Exchange in the past...